Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:08 AM
Default Ghosts leave the stereo alone
I'm looking for a mod that prevents ghosts from turning on the stereo.

Looked into Ghosthack by Twojeffs, but it doesn't offer that function.

Then I found this no autonomous stereo mod: http://modthesims.info/d/289217/no-...reo-080719.html but I'm not sure if it also works for ghosts. Does anybody know and can confirm/deny that is affects ghosts, too?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 3:26 PM
Hello!

I have no experience with that Christianlov mod, but I use Pescado's stereohack (get it here ), which does the same things and supposedly also helps the repairperson actually be able to fix the expensive stereo properly.

And in my game, ghosts do not turn the stereo on.

By the way, if you're playing with a lot of ghosts, Cyjon made a modular set of ghost hacks that you may enjoy picking and choosing from for your game.

(Thanks for mentioning Christianlov's hack; I may try it out at some point instead of Pescado's.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 4:30 PM
Can't find STEREOHACK on your link...?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 4:34 PM
Oh, good you asked. So, the best way to get any Pescado mod is to go into his hack directory for your latest game version. To do that, click the appropriate link in the first post of that thread on MATY, then go into the hacks/ directory from there and find it alphabetically!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 11:02 PM
Grabbed it, thank you

I rarely play with ghosts in Sims 2, that's why I ran into the issue only now. Only the Veronaville sims get to keep their ancestors on their homelots, my other 'hoods have one or more cemetaries.
I'm fine with the Veronvaille ghosts harassing their descendants, but the stereo pranks were harassing me instead and that's where I draw a line
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 1:11 AM
One of my busiest community lots is the cemetery. I add chess, poker, darts, snack machines, stereo and bathrooms. I have no idea why that lot draws in visitors more than others, but it's a great one mostly for knowledge sims. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 2:00 PM
Dang. Isabella Monty just did it again. I didn't see whether she switched the stereo on or if she haunted it, but in case suddenly it was playing music. There were no visitors on the lot and my own sims do not have free will. The only uncontrollable sim was Isabella's ghost, so one way or another it must have been her.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 5:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear it, Enki. Perhaps I have some other mod or mod interaction that's stopping ghosts from using the stereo, or maybe mine just aren't trying to use it; if I figure out anything more helpful, I'll let you know!

Theorist
#9 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:47 PM
Pretty sure the no autonomous stereo mod controls ghosts too since the cemetery ghosts don't touch it. The stereo is for me to listen to hip-hop DANG IT! (:

Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 7:25 PM
Thanks, Duine. I'm going to give it a try as well.

And Enki, I owe you an apology---I discovered that at some point not recent, I removed the stereo from my one cemetery that had one, so although I'm remembering correctly that ghosts don't turn on any stereo while there...it's because there isn't one they can!

So I'll put one back, test again, test with no no-stereo mod in, then finally swap out for christianlov's mod yto see if I get the same no-touch result as Duine.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:53 PM
I use the christianlov mod and my ghosts still turn on the stereo. It may be that I have a conflict (couldn't find one, but who knows?), but that's the way it works in my game. It's soooo annoying.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:59 PM
Reporting back with my new findings. I took out stereohack and put in christianlov's no auto stereo. The ghosts were... suspicious, you might say. They kept their distance, lulling me into a false sense of security... and then Kalpunea did it again.

The night after that I turned speed down to Speed 1 and finally saw what exactly was happening:
When a ghosts merely passes by the stereo, it gets switched on. Neither an animation and nor possessing objects is involved.
Julius managed that three times in a row and was extremely rude to Albany when the mortal dared to turn the device off (see screenshots).

On the upside I'm kinda getting used to the sudden noise.
Screenshots
Theorist
#13 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 8:57 PM
That reminded how years ago and living in an apartment building, everyone had the same cable company. Some people thought it was hilarious to sneak around the halls and aim the remote under the door, thereby changing neighbors channels or turning the tv on and off.. (: