Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Freetime not installed
My game has been crashing so I have been going through the step to solve. I was doing a patch update and it said Freetime was not installed. The game is installed on windows 7 professional. I was reading this http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Your_Hard_Drive where it explains how to a DiskImage install. Double deluxe only have the one disk but I only need Freetime and I don't want the story addition installed. How should I make this happen?
Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:57 PM
Which patch did you use? If you tried using a patch that patches something you don't have, you'd probably get that warning. Doble Deluxe has only the Nightlife EP and Celebrations SP.

Do you have other collection packs than the Double Deluxe, or just the one plus single CDs for the rest?

The Disk image thing is for if your computer can't read the CDs, and doesn't have anything to do with patches or game crashing.

And what do you mean by "story addition"?
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 4:07 PM
I have Double Deluxe Disc and it is the Base Game EP plus Nightlife SP. To me it sounds like your Freetime SP did not install in the correct file location for some reason. I have all EP's and SP's and did not have this problem installing. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Freetime. Disk Image will not work, that's why you are crashing. You have to go through the full install for all discs.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:16 PM
I expect OP means Store Edition, that annoying change to the game engine that makes everything harder. I don't think it comes with Double Deluxe - does it?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 6:56 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the help. It has a folder EP99 which is story something. I usually uncheck that when I install. I didn't realize that nightlife was not installed until I tried to patch the game. The patch did not take an error message came up to tell me Freetime was not installed. I have all EP's and SP's on Disk. I have another copy of nightlife but when I try to use it to correct the problem. I get an error saying put in disk one. I'm guessing that is because of Double Deluxe.
I can't rerun Double Deluxe. I get an already installed message.

I was hoping by using the DiskImage cheat i could get around it already being installed.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:33 PM
Yep, your story something is indeed The Sims 2 Store Edition. I have it as a stand alone and use that EP to launch my game.
I have no clue how you can install everything without installing Store Edition though.
That EP99 is from your Double Deluxe. I don't have that. I guess it's because I downloaded the Store when it was still available and not as part of a *set*.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 8:26 PM
I can check a box off when the install window open. From the sounds of things, I will have to do a reinstall! Not looking forward to that at all!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 9:12 PM
Just Freetime, not the whole thing, though. That won't be such a big deal.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 9:23 PM
I can't get (correction not Freetime) but Nightlife to install from Double Deluxe or the sperate disk with just Nightlife. The sperate disk will not copy all the file to a folder and the disk get hung at 5% and then error out. If no one has any other suggestions it will be the whole game.