Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 12:54 AM
1st question, what file should I clone and how should i find it to edit a body mesh? I want to make a navel piercing.

2nd question, I cloned a lounge chair, edited it, and got it the game. But, it replaces the existing object. How do you make sure it wont replace it? Some of the new mesh downloads seems to replace them too. When you take it out the orginal shows back up. Would it be as simple as editing the name? Should be it seems.
Advertisement
#102 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:05 AM
I had the same problem as Brasstex when exporting from Maya6Unlimited: Run-time error '6': :confused:

I only extruded (added ) a cross to the column in LadyBea34's tutorial.

Is a smallfile and I attach it here.

Besides, Maya generates another file with the same name as the .obj with an .mtl extension which i imagine is for MaTeriaLs (textures)

rentechd said
"You will also have to make adjustments to some of the editors and renders to remove any automated optimization that would add additional ietms yu do not want included in an OBJ format model"

Maybe is this the problem? :argh:

I'll try again making minor changes to the column
Attached files:
File Type: rar  jerifes column test 01.rar (25.9 KB, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:16 AM
Export Button Not Showing Up!
Help please! I have all the files required and the newest version of SimPE installed but the export button is now showing up. :confused:
#104 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:48 AM
sims2guy you have to install cGraphicNode[1].plugin delphy's objects extractor

read this forum
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 2:55 AM
Well, I've tried it all and I can't get anything to work. I think I'm giving up.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:28 AM
Nemi, just attach your file here, I have a look
#107 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:37 AM
I've converted a column into a pedestal, no faces added, no vertex changed, only diferent sizes.

I don't receive the 'Run-time error '6' and follow the tutorial till the end and...

My pedestal is not in the game, the column is unchanged :weep::banghead:

But, maybe, :idea:I did somenthing wrong in the last minute searching the 'commit' button. I'll give a try again tomorrow.

. Life is not easy
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MimeWhite
Nemi, just attach your file here, I have a look

Thank you. I really appreciate that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  nemi-valentinesheart.zip (63.8 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content

"Studies show that 60% of the time, it works every time."
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by landoman
It shows in the 3d view. So I should name the obj file body? I have all the box's checked. I used the wavepoint imp in milkshape---and exported wavepoint. Should I weld vertice while in milkshape--Maybe number of vertice is the key?

tryed it both ways humm, I tryed re exporting left the name --as is-- in the .obj file. them modded the mesh in milkshape. exported in wavepoint.obj to the same file,. the mesh tool shows it in the 3d view, Then I load the extracted file from simpe. checked all the setting and saved. I have the importer for milkshape so I loaded the extracted file in milkshape using the gmdc importer to see if it had changed to the modded mesh. was still the orig. What name format for the object file if the extracted file is "AC4F8687 - Geometric Data Container - C5E75E2D-1C0532FA-FF03C93A.5gd" the obj if left alone for the program to export is "afBodyCop_tslocator_gmdc_body.obj" :smash:
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:09 AM
This is your mesh eh? here what you need to do
- go to GMDC and go to item3 you see the name was "colour07"
-then go to Shape menu --> contant-->part see that subset name "paintingneonflamingo_blackbox" you need to change the name to "colour07" ,
comit and save, it should work,
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:19 AM
It was just something to test this out. :hippy:

Thanks SO much for your help! :D
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 6:15 AM
Found out the problem. when you inport the obj into milkshape it defaults the name to "default" on the objects tab. just rename it back to body befor you export it .
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 6:51 AM
This is very weird. I followed Miche's tutorial verbatim, and each time the object would still use the same mesh. I tried for a few hours to find out what was wrong, and I started looking around in the graphic node section. I noticed that the graphic node still referenced to the old mesh's group number and instance id(which changed when I did fix integrity). When I updated that info to the new one, everything worked fine. I have the latest version of SimPE, and I'm wondering why no-one else has to do this extra step. :confused: I have to do this with each new mesh that I do. Does anyone else have this problem?
Test Subject
#114 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 8:43 AM
I need some help. After following the tutorial all the way through and getting the new mesh in the game, the new texture i put into the file also appears as the default color option for the original object (the original object texture is still there, but the default is now the custom one). Anyone know why this is happening?
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:03 AM
I don't have the "export to OBJ" button.

Did I have made some thing wrong ?

I have made some pictures to help you to understand my problem....

Thx
Screenshots
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#116 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jerife
I had the same problem as Brasstex when exporting from Maya6Unlimited: Run-time error '6': :confused:

I only extruded (added ) a cross to the column in LadyBea34's tutorial.

Is a smallfile and I attach it here.

Besides, Maya generates another file with the same name as the .obj with an .mtl extension which i imagine is for MaTeriaLs (textures)

rentechd said
"You will also have to make adjustments to some of the editors and renders to remove any automated optimization that would add additional ietms yu do not want included in an OBJ format model"

Maybe is this the problem? :argh:

I'll try again making minor changes to the column

The problem with this object/file is that some of the faces aren`t triangles (some have four points making up the face) , the mesh tool (and the game) only handles face which are triangles.
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#117 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
This is very weird. I followed Miche's tutorial verbatim, and each time the object would still use the same mesh. I tried for a few hours to find out what was wrong, and I started looking around in the graphic node section. I noticed that the graphic node still referenced to the old mesh's group number and instance id(which changed when I did fix integrity). When I updated that info to the new one, everything worked fine. I have the latest version of SimPE, and I'm wondering why no-one else has to do this extra step. :confused: I have to do this with each new mesh that I do. Does anyone else have this problem?

This should not be needed, fix Integrity changes the instance and sub group id, but it also changes any references to those in the other files (Make sure you AREN`T clicking "FIX TGI" at all)

I`ve just checked it again, and for me it changes all references what need changing (and I`ve not heard from anyone else who has had this problem)
So I don`t know what to tell you.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miche
This should not be needed, fix Integrity changes the instance and sub group id, but it also changes any references to those in the other files (Make sure you AREN`T clicking "FIX TGI" at all)

I`ve just checked it again, and for me it changes all references what need changing (and I`ve not heard from anyone else who has had this problem)
So I don`t know what to tell you.

Well I have never clicked fix tgi before. I assign a new hash, then fix integrity, but my GMNDs don't get the new info. I have no clue why(maybe SimPE doesn't like me?), but I guess keep that in mind just in case someone else is having similar problems.
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#119 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:29 AM
The objects you are having this problem with, do they have more than one gmdc file and more than one gmnd ? And if so are you only changing one gmdc? I`m just checking that you know that all the gmnd files shouldn`t be pointing to the same gmdc file, so if you just replace one gmdc file and then assign the hash and then fix integrity , only one gmnd file will get updated with this new reference.

Anyway thanks for pointing it out, incase anyone else has the problem.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:31 AM
No, I have only experimented with 1tile sculptures with 1 gmdc.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewSP
I need some help. After following the tutorial all the way through and getting the new mesh in the game, the new texture i put into the file also appears as the default color option for the original object (the original object texture is still there, but the default is now the custom one). Anyone know why this is happening?

sorry if this has been ansered all ready.
did you make sure all your material override files has the new hash# before the name of the file? and your guid # in the objectguid?
if you have no idea what I am talking about, refer back to the tutor.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
Well I have never clicked fix tgi before. I assign a new hash, then fix integrity, but my GMNDs don't get the new info. I have no clue why(maybe SimPE doesn't like me?), but I guess keep that in mind just in case someone else is having similar problems.

We had one other tester with the same prob. but everyone should check the package for mistakes several times.
I will go write a check list for this.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewSP

I am going to go write a check list, some peeps seem to be having problems with things not changing properly.
check for this check list, and go though your package and make sure everything is change.
Test Subject
#124 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:08 PM Last edited by blut3ng3l : 31st Jan 2005 at 3:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sluvah
I don't have the "export to OBJ" button.

Did I have made some thing wrong ?

I have made some pictures to help you to understand my problem....

Thx

<_< posting all of that was pointless. if you would look on page 2, i posted...

"click Plugins at the top. Click Installed plugins. Do you see GMDC Wrapper? Highlight it. Click move up and make it be above Generic Rcol Wrapper."

i pretty sure the place you download the plugin tells you to do that.

actually, if you look on page one, post 1, it says FAQ. when you click you see "Where is the export button in Simpe, to export a mesh to a OBJ file?
you need to download Delphy`s mesh extracter from :
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32166

If you have any problems with getting this to work, please read the whole thread and ask your questions in there, not in the Mesh tool help thread"

when you click the link you see "How to use: - If you do not have an export to OBJ button, go to Plugins - Installed Plugins and move the GMDC plugin above the generic RCOL wrapper."

for everyones sake... read the information for everything you download.

if you need further help... look at the attached image....
Screenshots
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#125 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Miche : 31st Jan 2005 at 6:34 PM.
incase anyone is having trouble following the tutorial , this one might be a bit clearer for you :

http://www.i.morning.ru/~vev/GONZA/...l%20Tut%201.htm

if you speak russian that is of course :D
Locked thread
Page 5 of 20