Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 6:13 PM
Default More cards for MaryLou & Numenor's "Postcards Galore!"
Postcards Galore!

I thought I remembered extra card packs existing, but I tried searching both the site and Google and nothing came up.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Simonut : 21st Sep 2019 at 2:42 AM.
That is one of my MAIN objects I keep in all my community lots, because it keep the place looking busy.
The Sims is always at the post card, and going to the cashier and than a shopping bag pop out like they are buying something.
I don't remember extra cards not sure.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 3:18 PM
Rosawyn, I feel somewhat doubtful this was ever done, just because of the way it sounds like the racks and packs were made, as well as because of the creators' restrictive TOU; see this post by the creators from the comments on the original download. Also, I'm thinking if MaryLou & Numenor had done any additions (sounds like they went to some lengths to ensure it would have to be them!), it doesn't seem like them not to have made that very public.

Just in case, and only because I know you were away for awhile, is it possible that you're confusing their system with MogHughson's amazing postal system? Mog's, by contrast, openly invites other creators to add new packs, and folks have still been steadily doing that, even in the last year or so. (You can see many of those by clicking on the Related Uploads tab in her download.) And some nice extra features of Mog's, not present in the postcards, are that sims actually can mail the cards (and receive them in the mail, delivered by the hood's mailperson), plus viewing the received card gives a small boost to relationship between sender and addressee, as writing the card did for the sender. (Plus it's awesome that she made it so only the designated recipient gets the boost from viewing---not other sims who view the same card.)

I enjoy finding these postcards in sim inventories as well, Simonut. Also love that they included vacation-specific racks and cards that were only buyable in specific vacation destinations; that was such a cool idea, and even more so that your playables could go buy them and only then could sell those vacation cards in their own shops! There's definitely always a place for them in my game.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Rosawyn, I feel somewhat doubtful this was ever done, just because of the way it sounds like the racks and packs were made, as well as because of the creators' restrictive TOU; see this post by the creators from the comments on the original download. Also, I'm thinking if MaryLou & Numenor had done any additions (sounds like they went to some lengths to ensure it would have to be them!), it doesn't seem like them not to have made that very public.

Well, darn. That sucks. I had these things in my game years and years ago but never really looked through the info like that. I just felt that there was not nearly enough variety in the actual cards. Thanks for explaining why that is!

If you checked my own profile, though, you'd probably notice that I've uploaded my own sets of cards for MogHughson's postal system. I'm well aware of it and how it works.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 7:31 PM
Great, glad it helped!

Ah, thanks for having added extra content to Mog's system. You're right---I rarely read anyone's upload list, only look at their game versions, when answering their WCIF and Help questions. I hope you won't really fault me for that---some people's upload lists are quite long.

Seriously, though, when answering questions in both those subforums, I have in mind that it's not just an answer to the original poster but also an answer that someone else in future may find in a search. So I went out on a limb with it because even if you're clear on the distinction, that future person (who may also be someone who prefers to lurk instead of ask openly) may not be, and it can help them greatly if they weren't sure of the differences. Nothing personal, in other words.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:19 AM
That's fine and totally understandable! I really like both mods and want more of all this sort of thing in my game!