Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 11:22 AM
Default WCIF espresso bar CEP-extra
Has anyone ever done a CEP-extra to make the espresso machine itself recolorable? If so, where can I find it? EA only made the counter's texture recolorable as seen below.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:37 PM
It is probably not recolorable because you can only have 2 recolorable subsets. The second one here is the bench top.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:53 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 9th Sep 2019 at 3:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It is probably not recolorable because you can only have 2 recolorable subsets. The second one here is the bench top.

Darn it. Would it be possible to merge the two counter textures (top and bottom) into one subset and then make the second subset recolor the espresso machine?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Darn it. Would it be possible to merge the two counter textures (top and bottom) into one subset and then make the second subset recolor the espresso machine?

The espresso counter is slaved to the bg club counter, so no, not really. If you're really keen to have a recolorable community-lot-barista-generating espresso maker, you could clone it as a new stand-alone mesh? Add recolorability to the machine's subset and either:
- merge the counter's base and top into one subset (like you said)
or
- make the base and top invisible and use moveobjectson to place it over any counter you like
(Ailias has an invisible club counter rc here. It won't work for what you want but it shows the placing it "over any counter you like" part.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 6:38 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 10th Sep 2019 at 9:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
The espresso counter is slaved to the bg club counter, so no, not really. If you're really keen to have a recolorable community-lot-barista-generating espresso maker, you could clone it as a new stand-alone mesh? Add recolorability to the machine's subset and either:
- merge the counter's base and top into one subset (like you said)
or
- make the base and top invisible and use moveobjectson to place it over any counter you like
(Ailias has an invisible club counter rc here. It won't work for what you want but it shows the placing it "over any counter you like" part.)

Cloning it sounds like the easiest for me, do you or anybody else know any fairly easy tutorial for merging susbet and adding 'new'? (Also, Thank you!)

Perhaps this is a question for the meshing forum, but do I need to give the espresso machine a new GUID if I clone it?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 1:00 AM
Cloning it sounds like the easiest for me, do you nybody else know any fairly easy tutorial for merging susbet and adding 'new'? (Also, Thank you!)

Perhaps this is a question for the meshing forum, but do I need to give the espresso machine a new GUID if I clone it?

Yes, you'd need a new GUID if you want the bg club counters to still have separately recolorable bases and tops.
I'm sorry, I didn't think about the difficulty level when I suggested cloning it. Counters are pretty complicated so this is probably an intermediate skill level project, especially since you have to un-slave the espresso counter from the club counter. Would just default replacing the espresso maker's textures work for you? Amaryll has a really nice one here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
Yes, you'd need a new GUID if you want the bg club counters to still have separately recolorable bases and tops.
I'm sorry, I didn't think about the difficulty level when I suggested cloning it. Counters are pretty complicated so this is probably an intermediate skill level project, especially since you have to un-slave the espresso counter from the club counter. Would just default replacing the espresso maker's textures work for you? Amaryll has a really nice one here.

Ah darn it, thank you for trying to help though! I actually use that default but wanted to turn it into a recolor since I want to use EA’s texture too :-]
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 12:28 AM
@vegan_kaktus This may be of interest to you to read this post and post #12 as mention by the creator about espresso machine and counters. http://modthesims.info/d/302901/esp...apping-fix.html

Also I could not find the default you mention, I would like to check it out maybe I want to use it maybe.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@vegan_kaktus This may be of interest to you to read this post and post #12 as mention by the creator about espresso machine and counters. http://modthesims.info/d/302901/esp...apping-fix.html

Also I could not find the default you mention, I would like to check it out maybe I want to use it maybe.

Thank you! I actually have that downloaded as well, I’ll check out the posts you mentioned! Also, here is the default replacement we were talking about (it’s the third pic): https://witheredlilies.tumblr.com/p...-hobby-defaults
Meet Me In My Next Life
#10 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 2:03 AM
@vegan_kaktus Sorry to bother you again, In the post ( link post#8 ) Now I am confuse myself ( lol ) The creator Menaceman said if you have creator Havelock download not to include his.
The confusing comes because the last and finale CEP 9.20 version Havelock fix is included in it by Creator Numenor, you said in your post you have that download, so did you uncheck the club counter before doing so in the CEP.
Or do you have both or the one on that link mention in post#8 If you have Menaceman do you like his fix or Havelock better ? Also thanks for the link you left for defaults I was not able to get, it seem I have to sign in.
I have limit myself with signing in new site.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 8:07 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 12th Sep 2019 at 8:24 AM.
@vegan_kaktus Sorry to bother you again, In the post ( link post#8 ) Now I am confuse myself ( lol ) The creator Menaceman said if you have creator Havelock download not to include his.
The confusing comes because the last and finale CEP 9.20 version Havelock fix is included in it by Creator Numenor, you said in your post you have that download, so did you uncheck the club counter before doing so in the CEP.
Or do you have both or the one on that link mention in post#8 If you have Menaceman do you like his fix or Havelock better ? Also thanks for the link you left for defaults I was not able to get, it seem I have to sign in.
I have limit myself with signing in new site.

@Simonut you're not a bother at all! Oh you're right, I must have missed that. The weird thing is though, I have CEP installed and I remember I downloaded that fix back in 2017 (when I installed ts2 again) because I had the broken mapping. I'll start my game without the fix to see if I remember correctly or not. Either way, I haven't stumbled upon any problems using both CEP and Menaceman's fix :^)

Edit: I started my game without Menaceman's fix and I remember correctly, without Menaceman's fix I still have the broken mapping. Perhaps the fix by Havelock was taken out of CEP in later updates or don't work anymore? About the default by the way, you don't need to have a tumblr account to view the post, you just need to click "accept" (to cookies and third-party stuff) to view the post!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:38 AM
@vegan_kaktus The CEP 9.20 was Numenor finale update from CEP 9.1 so yes the fix was included in the finale updated version 9.20 I already have that version and ran it again just to see if Havekock fix was there, and yes it is.
But as you said maybe ( not sure if it still work. ) anyway I not going to trip off of this anymore I guess we can't have everything we want. lol As always you are very helpful with helping members

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 8:44 AM
@vegan_kaktus The CEP 9.20 was Numenor finale update from CEP 9.1 so yes the fix was included in the finale updated version 9.20 I already have that version and ran it again just to see if Havekock fix was there, and yes it is.
But as you said maybe ( not sure if it still work. ) anyway I not going to trip off of this anymore I guess we can't have everything we want. lol As always you are very helpful with helping members

@Simonut weird! I wonder why I don't have / Havelock's fix isn't working for me ahwell! I'll just stick to Menaceman's version then. And thank you! Same goes to you
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:35 PM
Havelock and Menacemans fix the opposite, so you only want one of those. If you have both they will forever be mismatched.

The CEP does have Havelock's fix, which all it does is make the edge of the countertop use the counter base texture. The espresso machine already does this in it's default state. So if you want that wood countertop edge to match the base and change it's color with the base, use the CEP and not Menacemans fix. If you prefer that edge to only change with the countertop and not match the base, use the fix by Menaceman and not the CEP.

The textures for that wood countertop edge are a bit funky with shading on some recolors. To fix that, I would suggest you make a texture default.

On topic. I did manage to make a default espresso machine that is recolorable, has no countertop/counterbases and places anywhere. If your interested in the mesh defaults I can upload.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 3:10 PM
*perks up* interesting, HL, interesting...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Havelock and Menacemans fix the opposite, so you only want one of those. If you have both they will forever be mismatched.

The CEP does have Havelock's fix, which all it does is make the edge of the countertop use the counter base texture. The espresso machine already does this in it's default state. So if you want that wood countertop edge to match the base and change it's color with the base, use the CEP and not Menacemans fix. If you prefer that edge to only change with the countertop and not match the base, use the fix by Menaceman and not the CEP.

The textures for that wood countertop edge are a bit funky with shading on some recolors. To fix that, I would suggest you make a texture default.

On topic. I did manage to make a default espresso machine that is recolorable, has no countertop/counterbases and places anywhere. If your interested in the mesh defaults I can upload.

@HugeLunatic thank you for the explanation! But I’m not sure why I don’t seem to have the CEP’s fix. Is it possible I could have deleted it? Also, YES! I would lovelovelove it if you could share the default(s) you created!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#17 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Simonut : 14th Sep 2019 at 3:42 AM.

@HugeLunatic Yes I too would love to have your default espresso machine, thanks for telling us all about it and for sharing and further explaining the different between the two.

@ vegan_kaktus You can always re-run your CEP just click on the icon you have, and then when it get to what it offer check to see if club counter is check if not you can check it. ( 9.20 finale versioin )

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:48 PM
But I’m not sure why I don’t seem to have the CEP’s fix. Is it possible I could have deleted it? Also, YES! I would lovelovelove it if you could share the default(s) you created!

Delete it? Yes, it's quite possible. I have a love/hate relationship with that counter and that CEP. I regularly delete and replace that one CEP-EXTRA. I should probably just make default textures to fix the shading. I will upload my default/CEP here soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:57 PM
@ vegan_kaktus You can always re-run your CEP just click on the icon you have, and then when it get to what it offer check to see if club counter is check if not you can check it. ( 9.20 finale versioin )

Thank you! I'll try that :-)

Delete it? Yes, it's quite possible. I have a love/hate relationship with that counter and that CEP. I regularly delete and replace that one CEP-EXTRA. I should probably just make default textures to fix the shading. I will upload my default/CEP here soon.

Haha I see! The weird thing is I don't remember ever deleting a CEP-extra file thank you! I'll look forward to seeing it in the downloads section >:-D