Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 7:21 PM
Default LTW adjustment
You know; "I won't be happy till I've boinked more people than exist", or "I have 5 kids, now I want 20!" (HA, as IF!). I think there are more than one mod that deal with this, and I have one that doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 6:09 PM
Maybe Squinge's Lifetime Want Requirements Reduced http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94247.0.html can help.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:29 PM
Actually, I've been researching LTW stuff for 2 days, and am more confused...will go to "stupid questions" with my stupid questions..

Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Actually, I've been researching LTW stuff for 2 days, and am more confused...will go to "stupid questions" with my stupid questions..

Not sure what you are asking. Do you just want to change the text for them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 11:04 PM
What I WANTED was:
1) ability to give ANY sim ANY aspiration (by rolling batbox). Think I've managed this with Chaavik's version of Squinge's "any LTW for All Aspirations-AL"
2) ALL careers (including custom) to show as aspirations. This isn't possible (per BoilingOil on Leefish 10-2014)
NOTE: did find a mod that enabled LTW for the 4 Uni-added careers.
3) to lower the numbers needed for things like "have 30 babies". This was the easy one.
From BoilingOil, I think he was saying: mods that change how LTW are picked by the game have components called "Want tuning" & "Wants package" - these do NOT go in downloads but in ProgramFiles/EA/Sims2/TSdata/res/Wants. Some mods that contain these also contain parts that DO go in Downloads. MY CONFUSION is that NO mod that has anything to do with LTW ever mentions this. Some of them may not have the "wants" components", but some DO. So am I missreading BoilingOil? Or does everyone ELSE just know that when they open the mod, they need to move the "Wants" packages to the other place?

Forum Resident
#6 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
From BoilingOil, I think he was saying: mods that change how LTW are picked by the game have components called "Want tuning" & "Wants package" - these do NOT go in downloads but in ProgramFiles/EA/Sims2/TSdata/res/Wants. Some mods that contain these also contain parts that DO go in Downloads. MY CONFUSION is that NO mod that has anything to do with LTW ever mentions this. Some of them may not have the "wants" components", but some DO. So am I missreading BoilingOil? Or does everyone ELSE just know that when they open the mod, they need to move the "Wants" packages to the other place?

Hey, grammapat! Generally this isn't necessary; I remember also reading that discussion that BO was having, some years back, but he actually wasn't correct about it. In fact, the Squinge mod he mentioned doesn't require anything but being placed in your Downloads, and that's how most of the LTW-changing/enhancing mods work. If such a mod only works by requiring you to put it in a folder in Program Files, it should say so---but most don't, because they don't require that.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:25 AM
WOW thanks!