Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 3:12 AM Last edited by dreaming4dreams : 10th Aug 2010 at 8:32 AM.
Default Who inspired you
The person that inspired me to write was Stephen King. I read his books and was glad he is one of the few writers that can write a book that makes me unaware of what will happen next. So who inspired you to write?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 12:07 PM
This group needs more life.

I was heavily inspired by J.K. Rowling in the beginning. She was the author who made me start reading, and who made me fall in love with the idea of creating my own world. As I grew older, my father inspired me more. He writes, and though he isn't published, his dedication to the novels (I think he's written three) keeps me dedicated to my work. Otherwise, I'm inspired by various writers I find online. I recently read a story where the author had done so much research that it really inspired me to look into all the facts I put into my stories, and to make sure they're accurately factual.
Banned
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:39 PM
it started when my english teacher mr hawkins give me some homework. i know it's a dit werid getting inspired by homework, it was to write a story with the title off "on the run" for after the half term holiday. i worte it everyday and took into school and give it to mr hawkins. he was very impressed so was everyone else so impressed infact the headmistress, mis astlin saw it and said it was gcse standred. i got a head teachers award for it. in school they like you to write storys for them every year you write a story or two but that was the time was reconized for my work and that made me want to write storys.

if you want to read it just ask and i'll see what i can do
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:46 AM
I'm very inspired by James Patterson, his writing style (of his YA series at least, never read Woman's Murder Club XD) is a lot like mine.

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 3:39 PM
I was inspired by books and stories in general, they were one of the few things that made me happy when i was growing up in the home i did. It seemed natural as a kid to just start writing. I don't really have a favourite author, though i've read John Jakes North and South trilogy and the James Herriot books too many time to recount. I only found out last night that James Herriott has actually passed - I really wish i didn't know that!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th May 2012 at 8:08 PM
Her name was xoxoMiSSsTaCeYxoxo on YouTube. Since I began writing on YouTube, she's quit.