Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1713
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 660 times.
Search this Thread
Old 13th Sep 2017, 3:29 PM Default[solved] What's igoproxy64.exe and vcruntime140.dll...Sims not starting? #1
jezzfrompleasantview
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life

Out of nowhere I got this error message saying that igoproxy64.exe is not working because vcruntime140.dll is missing and should be reinstalled. I ignored it because everything was working (for example I could play TS2 and start origin as usual), but later decided to fix it because it annoyed me.

I didn't knew what the message meant and looked it up on google. Most sites said this error was caused by an origin update. And I actually found these "programms" or whatever they are in the origin folder. A lot of people told me to download something called "visual c++" (latest version) from microsoft to fix it (again I had no idea what this exactly is or does...see where this is going?). So I did and I'm a 100% sure that I downloaded and installed it correctly.

The error message disappeared but then I couldn't start TS2 anymore. So I uninstalled that programm (btw I already had it on my PC but another version. I mean I still have the old version so I don't think there's anything missing) and decided to ignore the error message (that also appeared again) but now nothing is working. Origin doesn't open, Sims doesn't open...I have no idea what I did and how to fix it and since it's somehow sims- or atleast origin-related, does anyone here know what to do?

Fun Facts about me:
1. My name is not Jezz
2. I don't have any households in Pleasantview
3. Last time I checked, I owned 4 copies of the Sims 2
4. I'm one of the authors of this site
Last edited by jezzfrompleasantview : 15th Sep 2017 at 2:42 PM.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 4:00 PM #2
marka93
Mad Poster

Games: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
26 Achievements

View My Journal

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Old 13th Sep 2017, 4:22 PM #3
Nysha
Née whiterider

36 Achievements

View My Journal

Since your game ceasing to work didn't happen when you installed the update, it's probably unrelated. Just delete your cache files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 4:47 PM #4
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Try to update origin...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Old 13th Sep 2017, 6:01 PM #5
AmandieLove
Forum Resident

90% of my game issues get resolved by deleting the cache files, so I'd try that before anything else. Oftentimes I have to do that before the game will start at all, but it's only a minor annoyance IMHO.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Old 15th Sep 2017, 2:42 PM #6
jezzfrompleasantview
Original Poster

Lab Assistant

Thanks for all the help, I completetly forgot about the cache files...The game runs now, the error message is still there but I decided to not care about it

Fun Facts about me:
1. My name is not Jezz
2. I don't have any households in Pleasantview
3. Last time I checked, I owned 4 copies of the Sims 2
4. I'm one of the authors of this site

Section jump: