Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Questions for a newly installed game on a new computer.
Can everything within the downloads folder be simply copy and pasted from one computer to another and start working as expected? Aside from things like CEP, custom camera configs, neighbourhoods etc. Will the files that modify gameplay copy over without issue or do they carry remnants of the previous game they were being used for? A bit late to ask this as I've already transferred everything. Everything seems to work as intended, but I know how errors in TS2 can lay in wait for months before showing themselves.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Can everything within the downloads folder be simply copy and pasted from one computer to another and start working as expected? Aside from things like CEP, custom camera configs, neighbourhoods etc. Will the files that modify gameplay copy over without issue or do they carry remnants of the previous game they were being used for? A bit late to ask this as I've already transferred everything. Everything seems to work as intended, but I know how errors in TS2 can lay in wait for months before showing themselves.

Anything that doesn't require special installation - you know, files put somewhere else than Downloads (example: catalogue hiders that need files put in the game folders, objects like stairs which you use Scriptorium for (or do manually)). You can transfer neighbourhoods - just stick the folder in the new neighbourhoods folder. I just copy-pasta camera mods if I do a reset - no problems there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 10:33 AM
What I thought then. I was mostly worried about mod files (like for example BOs) and registry issues. Thanks.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:02 PM
If you are installing by single disk you must patch them as you go because most mods are for the patch version of the game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158