Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1583
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 260 (Who?), Viewed: 49739 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Nov 2017, 12:23 PM #251
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Maybe he could archive it on the SFS. I love that we have that available to us. He could have two folders, one for the racier stuff alone.

As for sexy sims, I've given up on it. At some point I lost my password. It won't allow me to recover it or to make a new account. And no one answers emails over there, so....

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 14th Nov 2017, 8:12 PM #252
lil bag2
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A problem I can see is that a couple of the free places - tumblr, blogspot, etc - might shy away from some of the more adult-oriented stuff.

Can't speak for any of the other blog sites, but tumblr is definitely no stranger to adult content XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Old 14th Nov 2017, 9:08 PM #253
FranH
Mad Poster

What one could do in the mean time (provided that one is registered there..) is to download as much as possible of CH's mods and whatever else your heart fancies. Keep them in zipped form, and reup-load them to the media site of your choice.
Chris himself has not vetoed this idea-he's all for having people share his stuff..but I'd suggest at least PM'ing him to let him know what you're up to, if he's not going to do anything-which he just might, after all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 14th Nov 2017, 9:22 PM #254
maxon
Now what dammit?

23 Achievements

Agreed Fran - I was thinking of going over there and getting some of the more difficult modded stuff (by which I mean difficult to make otherwise). I would guess, with Chris still being around and being active, he might well be amenable to uploading his stuff somewhere. We'll have to talk to him (by which I mean us here as a group - I'm not wearing my mod hat here).

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 14th Nov 2017, 9:31 PM #255
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

If I was in any proper state to do such a thing at the moment, I'd archive it myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 14th Nov 2017, 9:37 PM #256
FranH
Mad Poster

@Maxon-perhaps you could PM him to come over here and discuss if he's going to do something, or should we do something?
I do believe that he'll probably do something because most original creators are pretty fussy when it comes time to share stuff-although he personally isn't, I'm sure that he does have an interest in seeing his stuff preserved.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 14th Nov 2017, 10:09 PM #257
gummilutt
Mad Poster

37 Achievements

View My Journal

Maybe give him a moment to gather his thoughts, I'm sure he'll make his intentions known once he's figured it out.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old 14th Nov 2017, 10:38 PM #258
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I have such a hard time navigating his site, and don't really know how to zip or archive stuff, or I would do it. I'm giving my password info to anyone who can't log on, so maybe someone will be able to do it. I do have several of his mods. I'll go through my downloads and kind of separate them out for anyone who wants them.

Oh, so if anyone has been accidentally banned for inactivity or can't sign up now, let me know. You can use my password info. But remember, others are doing it,too, so you may have to try a couple of times till someone isn't using it.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 15th Nov 2017, 2:39 AM #259
Charity
Original Poster

Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Maybe give him a moment to gather his thoughts, I'm sure he'll make his intentions known once he's figured it out.

Yeah, give the poor guy a chance to decide what he wants to do with his mods before you start making the decision for him. He's on MTS; you can tag him if you want to.
Old 15th Nov 2017, 3:56 AM #260
Zena-Dew-Drop
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

Apparently a BackAlleySims thread has already been created in the "Dead Sites" section at Sims Cave. Although I'm not sure if that's where everything is going to be uploaded.
Old 16th Nov 2017, 5:46 PM #261
gazania
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

I'm glad the site owners chose someplace to put at least some of the mods and CC. The adult stuff might still be in limbo, but much of the family-friendly stuff would at least be OK.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

Section jump: