Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 2367
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 8661 (Who?), Viewed: 751201 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Feb 2018, 5:26 PM #8651
Nat 619
Inventor

So, as you know, the Farringtons more or less came straight out of my game and into this thread. I figured it'd be a case of showing off some gameplay screenshots, making a little series out of it, nothing major. Three and a half years later, it's spiralled into this massive, never-ending story. That's fine - I know where I'm going with it, no matter how long it takes to get there. But I'm now left with a story without a real narrative beginning. So, I decided to take on the task of rewriting the start. I'm not sure how extensive it'll be yet - it'll at least be until I've covered the gameplay posts, maybe redoing a couple of other key scenes I'm unsatisfied with. I don't know how frequent these will be either. Let's call it a side project.

Here's the first of Farrington Beginnings:

Old 18th Feb 2018, 10:45 PM #8652
Elynda
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Nice, Nat! Great to see all the Farrington's younger selves again (with the exception of Tate, of course: even with less scars he's not a pretty sight).

'At least with us all sharing, it means I won't have to endure sex with you.' Yep! That certainly is looking on the bright side Sheri!

'...Is ballet out of the question too?'

'Yup.'

'That's something, then'.

Oh poor Aria! (Too late for my sympathies now or I'd have said the only way to beat those little bitches is to be better than them, and then act like its no big deal).

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer * Simblr: The Newcomb Saga
"Well, the way things are can go and eat a dick then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe
Last edited by Elynda : 19th Feb 2018 at 6:19 AM.
Old 18th Feb 2018, 11:19 PM #8653
BL00DIEDHELL
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
(with the exception of Tate, of course: even with less scars he's not a pretty sight).

You've gotta hand it to him though, it takes talent to consistently have a face like a slapped arse.

Quote:
'At least with us all sharing, it means I won't have to endure sex with you.' Yep! That certainly is looking on the bright side Sheri!

lmao I definitely thought this too.

Urgh, imagine being faced with Tate in the mood.

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.
Old 19th Feb 2018, 3:26 AM #8654
TigerAnne
Scholar

Those poor kids, and Edward. Their next decade is going to suck so badly, and this is just the beginning of it.
Old 19th Feb 2018, 9:25 AM #8655
linesa
Field Researcher

Good chapter as usual, Nat :D
Good luck with that side project, it's a really good idea :D

Aria and Raya are so cute and pretty ^^

I agree with you, Anne, the poor kids and Ed, they won't be really happy, when we know what'll happen or have already happened :/
Last edited by linesa : 19th Feb 2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 20th Feb 2018, 9:13 AM DefaultBehind the scenes at Sandbox Productions #8656
Elynda
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

I've often mentioned Sandbox Studios, both here and elsewhere, and I thought it might be fun to show you how things have been developing there. It started out as just an empty lot on Bigger Builders Island where I could test stuff. It has come along a bit since then. I imagine it as a sort of 'alternative reality' where a movie entitled “The Scumthorpe Inheritance" is being made.

Last edited by Elynda : 20th Feb 2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
Old 20th Feb 2018, 11:25 AM #8657
linesa
Field Researcher

I liked your post, Elynda :D

That studio is interesting and well made and I like the story behind it ^^

Poor Mr Cecil B, he sure got a handful to deal with, given some of the actors XD
Good luck to him ^^

Belinda and Obadiah better be careful too, given how the tabloids work, if they end up as a couple ^^
Old 21st Feb 2018, 8:53 AM #8658
TigerAnne
Scholar

What a great tour of Sandbox Studios, Elynda! I see a bright future for them all, under the guiding hand of Mister B. (Is his surname a secret?) Now, let's all hope Obadia doesn't get distracted by all the shiny things that may be located in the prop storage, and that there's always a bowl of fresh plasma fruit for Madame Scumthorpe. We wouldn't want her to throw a fit now, would we?
Old 21st Feb 2018, 10:15 AM #8659
Elynda
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Thanks linesa, thanks TigerAnne.

Cecil B. was the result of me finding a picture of Cecil B. DeMille and seeing if I could make a sim that looked anything like him. I think he's quite close. Plus, I might want to borrow the famous line from Sunset Boulevard at some point: "I'm ready for my close-up now Mr DeMille". But I was in two minds as to whether to actually call him that in the above post.

Last edited by Elynda : 21st Feb 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 4:37 PM #8660
Nat 619
Inventor

Quote:
Nice, Nat! Great to see all the Farrington's younger selves again (with the exception of Tate, of course: even with less scars he's not a pretty sight).

'...Is ballet out of the question too?'

'Yup.'

'That's something, then'.

Oh poor Aria! (Too late for my sympathies now or I'd have said the only way to beat those little bitches is to be better than them, and then act like its no big deal).

Thanks! I thought of you when writing the bit about ballet Little Aria of course wasn't the most agreeable person around, but I was certainly envisioning some snooty brats.

I liked the little studio tour. I wonder if Retuner could make the kids use the trailers? I've never used them myself though, not sure if it'd cause any animation weirdness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL
You've gotta hand it to him though, it takes talent to consistently have a face like a slapped arse.

Some things never change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerAnne
Those poor kids, and Edward. Their next decade is going to suck so badly, and this is just the beginning of it.

No kidding. I actually feel bad about what I'll have to write. It's not pleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesa
Good chapter as usual, Nat :D
Good luck with that side project, it's a really good idea :D

Aria and Raya are so cute and pretty ^^

I agree with you, Anne, the poor kids and Ed, they won't be really happy, when we know what'll happen or have already happened :/

Thanks It gives me something to do while the wedding's on.
Old 21st Feb 2018, 11:04 PM #8661
Elynda
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Thanks Nat. Glad you enjoyed it.

No, Retuner doesn't enable any trailer interactions for kids. The only option that shows up is 'Choose Outfit' (or something like that) and I suspect that doesn't work, since they just can't go into the trailer. Which is odd because there are no animations involved other than going through the door. I played my Shirley Temple sim all the way through the movie career and at the end of it she got the trailer as her reward but couldn't use it! Very frustrating.

Old 21st Feb 2018, 11:51 PM #8662
BL00DIEDHELL
Mad Poster

Oh that's a shame, I would've thought that Retuner'd make it possible, even if the kids do end up stretching.

Hehehehehe The Devil Wears Sensible Shoes. I like it.

Also fun fact guys, with Retuner, I once got a vampire child arrested. Turns out, if you enable the rabbit hole option to raid the hospital/grocery store for plasma for kids, that also includes the chance to get caught.

Whoops.

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.

Section jump: