Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 1:06 PM Last edited by kacopoay : 2nd Sep 2013 at 10:10 AM.
Default [Solved] Making a base game default mesh replacement
Hello,

I've been working on a small project which is a default replacement of the nude male top. I first made a non-default version to test it in game and it looks good, no seam problem, etc.
However, things get more complicated when I try to make it default. I exported the GEOM called 'amTopNude' in FullBuild0 as .package to keep its ID and then replaced it with my own. As my mesh has more vertices than the original one I exported the morphs as well in BGEO files, the four ones, as package and then replaced them with those created in my ND version I had previously exported. It makes my game crash. I tried with S3OC too, pretty much doing the same thing though, and it didn't work out either.
How do I make it work as default replacement? I really don't know what to do now, Google brought nothing, and I'm not interested in a ND version at all.
Your help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance

K.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 2:22 PM
Moving to CASParts, since you're making CAS stuff, not objects.

When does the game crash?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 4:45 PM
Aw, I'm sorry, I'm not used to the forum, I got confused since I was in the mesh forum at first (that's where I found the topic about DR making the game crash) and it redirected me here. My bad!
When I enter CAS everything works fine, I can change hair, make-up, facial structure, even clothes like everyday but when I enter a category that usually uses the male nude top (swimwear for example) it crashes. I haven't had a look in live mode but I assume it'll act the same.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 4:47 PM
That would tend to suggest that your bone assignments are missing. You didn't export as OBJ at any point, did you?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 4:54 PM Last edited by kacopoay : 30th Aug 2013 at 7:25 PM.
I worked on it in Blender, so yes I did. But after I usually use Milkshape for GEOM/.wso format and the Mesh Toolkit to assign bones to .wso files. I do think I exported the GEOM from my ND version so it should have bones? I'm going to check. Just a question, is there a better way to work around with BGEO? I feel like my way is really messy.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 1:06 PM
Replacing the base geoms and BGEOs should work if the mesh is correct. If you created your ND package using TSRW or S3OC possibly your base mesh is referencing a skeleton that exists only in your ND package. If you play with both default replacement and ND installed, does it work?

If you're still having problems could you upload your package or pm me and email it if you don't want to put it here?

I'm not sure what your question is about the BGEOs. Making new BGEOs from your modified morphs doesn't seem messy to me - are you asking what's the best way to make them?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 2:08 PM
So I checked my bone assignments, like Nysha said, comparing the original GEOM file and mine. It appeared my file was lacking a few lines at the beginning (S3PE preview) so I redid it and it worked. I need to check it more thoroughly but apparently that was the issue. I haven't tried with the ND version installed but I don't think it'd clash? I could try though.
Thanks for your reply, Cmar, and for your offer, I appreciate. What I meant about BGEO files is that it seemed messy to me using those created in my ND version, it'd be easy to switch files by mistake for example. I don't really know, it's just me though.
I'm glad I could get it to work all thanks to Nysha and you, so thanks a lot!