Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2013 at 9:07 AM
Default Other wearable accessory- an idea
So, with the coming out of Sims 3: University Life, a new object was created- The Backpack. I like the way how when it is in the sim’s inventory, it has the options to be worn or to be taken off. (I am sad that only Teens and older can wear it). This had me thinking… I wonder if it is possible to create other accessories this way, such as purses. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, but that would be cool to have other objects that work in this similar way.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2013 at 4:27 PM
I suspect the backpack in the inventory is actually an object, with a custom script included which adds or removes the backpack accessory to/from the sim's outfit. Have you had a look to see if there is such an object available for cloning in S3OC?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2013 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I suspect the backpack in the inventory is actually an object, with a custom script included which adds or removes the backpack accessory to/from the sim's outfit. Have you had a look to see if there is such an object available for cloning in S3OC?

No, I haven't, but I was thinking about looking into it. I want to make things for Sims 3, I have so many ideas, but when it comes to art, I just have the idea and that's it. My craft is writing stories and novels, but when it comes to everything else I have a hard time LOL Like, for my Human Relation's project I had wanted to draw a beautiful picture, along the lines similar to Victoria Frances's art, but when I went to put it on paper, I tried for hours to figure out how to draw it. I have the picture in my head of what I wanted, I just couldn't transfer it to paper, so I opted to write a poem instead with family pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:44 AM
I found it in s3oc! It's "backpackCollege" from EP UNI. LOL though I'm not sure what to do next.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 21st May 2013 at 12:01 PM
So, is it a CASp or a OBJD?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2013 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
So, is it a CASp or a OBJD?

It is a OBDJ.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 22nd May 2013 at 11:04 AM
OBJD's have a script, in your case the script tells the backpack to snap to a particular slot on the sim.
Other backpacks should be possible but something like a purse needs a update on the script.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2013 at 1:25 PM
OMG after watching a tutorial on how to make an object... I'm very impressed and have a ton more respect to creators. It's amazing, I'm not sure I would be able to to it. At first I was like, well it's not so different from Second Life building, but then seeing all the extra steps... wow. Probably beyond my capabilities. But, hey, at least the thought is out there LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:24 AM
Has anyone figured out how to clone this and make other similar objects?