Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:48 AM
Default How to make an accessory move with sims' face?
I am editing an accessory that goes over the sims' eye.
I attached the eye to the head joint in Milkshape, but now I have a problem. When ever I am making a sim, if I adjust the face (IE: move the forehead up or down, or change the eye size) the accessory stays where it is, and ends up looking weird because it won't change with the face.

How can I get it to stay attached to the eye?

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 8:23 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 16th Nov 2012 at 9:12 AM.
by assigning it to the proper joints.
Problem is, were to find them as those joints dont come with the skeleton.

The only joints i know are a few mouth joints and some grip joints.
The mouth joints work but that is not going to help you....the grip joints are:
r_eye_grip
l_eye_grip
glasses_grip
Try renaming one of the joints in the joints tab to one of the above and see if that works.
It is been to long ago to remember how exactly i did this.....it is also possible i renamed the joint later within Simpe.
I do know it is possible tho(http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,84986.0.html) but like i said its been to long ago.

maybe plane glasses will also work

edit,
I had a look at the meshfiles but i didn't figure it out yet.....
if you want to have a list of all the face joints(faceblends) then clone the afface and visit the model tab of the gmdc.
Think you best create a meshfile of one of the faces(depending wat gender or age you had in mind) and atleast use that package to link to your recolorfile
Then rename one of the existing joints(in Milkshape) to one of the facejoints

It is good possible i used the smd export/import instead of the Unimeshplugins!(maybe even ASCII)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 7:35 PM Last edited by 4amMist : 16th Nov 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Alright, I will have a go at it and see what I can find.

Thank you. : D
I will let you know when I find something.

Edit:
I tried it using r_eye_grip, and it just stuck the accessory in the center of the forehead.
But when I was looking at the afface, there is a joint called 'r_eye' so I will try that one instead.

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 11:56 AM
i am afraid that is the eye itself, you dont want the part rotate like the eye i guess?
Try the nose instead.

If you did try the eye, did it rotate? Then atleast you know its working
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 9:35 PM
I may have done something wrong, anyway, but it just stayed in the center of the forehead, and still didn't move with the face.

I will try the other eye joint, and the nose and see if it does anything.

Sockpuppet
#6 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 10:24 PM
You did create a meshpackage out of the afface?
Im pretty sure you need it as a normal meshfile does not contain the blend face joints(well, you can check under the model tab.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:18 PM
Okay, so, I used the afface as the mesh, and it now moves with the face, but it is still in the center of the forehead.

So should I try the r_eye or a different joint?

Sockpuppet
#8 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 3:35 AM
wich joint did you take, and did you rename a existing one?(wich one?)
IT is possible the accesoire snaps to that particular joint, so you might have to reposition it

But before trying, assigne it to the upper eye lid.
If it still snaps to the center then im afraid it will be harder then i thought.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 11:18 PM
Okay, I tried attaching it to r_eye instead of r_eye_grip, and it seems to be staying with the face and it is in the right area, but now it is inside of the sims' eye, so I guess I will need to reposition it or something.

Also, I renamed joint58 to r_eye.

Sockpuppet
#10 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:39 AM
pitty i dont have the original files for the one i did......
but yes, reposition the joint.
You might even try creating a brand new joint as it is easier to move arround although im not exactly sure were to position it.
Maybe in Milkshape and in the GMDC file in Simpe.

If you need to stick to one that is listed then use the breath bone, it is only used on nude fullbodyoutfits wich the game hardly uses.
Because i dont know wat the 58 joint does(or will mess up)