Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Moria : 8th Jan 2011 at 2:42 AM.
Default adding a bump map
Greetings all.

I have an new object I have been working on cloned from an existing object. Works fine in game.. has texture, sunshadow etc etc.

Is there a way to add a bump map to a file that doesn't have one to start with in any of the tools, or do I have to start again and find an object that has an existing bump texture to clone from?

I just feel that this would add some nice shading etc.

I have added a specular in TSRW to the standard texture associated with the model, but cannot see a way to add the bump.

Regards

Graham
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 3:51 AM
Objects in S3 have the multiplier which is the shadowmap. If you have an overlay on the object that will override the multiplier though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 9:07 AM
I've not yet succeeded in adding a normal map to an object which has none. So if you want to have this effect, you best clone an object which has a normal map. Please note, that this map isn't really a bump map and is generated out of a standard normal map. More on this here:
http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...itle=Normal_Map

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 3:59 PM
ahhh okay, thanks all.. got it and it's working nicely

Thanks again

Graham