Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:06 PM
Default How do I edit OBJD file?
How do I edit the OBJD file of an object?

I uploaded cloned dishwasher with the room flags changed to make it available on community lots. The game does not allow placement of dishwashers or stoves on a community lot. It was rejected for the following reason:

While this is a wonderful idea, it does not take an entire clone of the object to make it be available for community lots. All you need to do is change the OBJD files and you can get it to appear on community lots. Also using the OBJD file way you can get them to appear where they normally appear.
End Quote

The only way I could find to edit an objects OBJD file is to clone the object. Does anyone know another way of doing it? :lovestruc

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:18 AM
You clone the object (without renumbering), edit the OBJD, and then save *just* the OBJD as a new package (or delete everything else and then save). That way the OBJD is overridden without any duplicate stuff tagging along.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
You clone the object (without renumbering), edit the OBJD, and then save *just* the OBJD as a new package (or delete everything else and then save). That way the OBJD is overridden without any duplicate stuff tagging along.

I understand the process now. I have used it successfully to change category flags for other objects.

Dishwashers and Stoves as a class are not allowed on community lots. They are greyed out and when you try to select them you get the messages:

"Dishwashers Cannot be placed on this type of lot"
"Stoves Cannot be placed on this type of lot"

So it seems to me that the issue is not with RoomCategory or other flags. I even tried adding them to the Plumbing Function as a possible workaround but that didn't work either. :lovestruc

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!