Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:25 AM
Default First mod/mesh
[IMG]Mira[/IMG] At the moment I am obsessed with just about all things scifi, mostly kotor. I REALLY want to make mira for Kotor 2. I guess wut I am asking is were do I start, wut progams i need (free ones would be nice), how hard would this be, etc.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:50 AM
You start by reading the tutorials in the wiki They make it clear what apps you need. http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...torial_Glossary
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:08 AM
thanks but i donthave sims 3 yet
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:20 AM
That shouldn't stop you from looking at the tuts and downloading apps

As for how hard it is, it's very doable if you are prepared to take the time to becoming proficient with meshing and graphics applications. If you have skills there already, you're ahead of the game.

As for tools, you have choices, but the most commonly used cheap ones are GIMP (free) for texture editing and Milkshape (cheap) for meshing, plus a bunch of free Sims modding tools you can get here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:44 AM
I have gimp, i will try milkshape, since this would be my first i was planning on making the "shoulder pads" and the "wrist rockets" as an accessory that i will make l8ter