Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Nearly alive
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 10:59 AM Last edited by Miche : 19th Aug 2005 at 11:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deedee
In some instances it used to be that randomly used choices of object interaction entry slots triggered which animations and sounds to play so it starts to matter how many slots an object has and understanding each one individually what goes on in any particular slot/path/slot on to exit. The only reason I ever was able to do maxis quality animations was because of this understanding of slots I think. I really have no idea why nobody else had smooth on/smooth off custom animations so that is my guess anyways.

I read somewhere a chair was being used, might be for learning but I always steered clear of objects with globals lording it over them and stuck to mostly fun driven objects with multiple slots so I could keep all of them or delete some I didn't want and just keep the entry/path/exits that worked best for me or the number of simultaneous users that I wanted or combo thereof.

I haven't "kept up" as it were so I don't know if I should be butting into this conversation at all but at the risk of being useless I do, just in case I accidentally say something useful. I haven't been around much this year but Phervers alerted me that I should read the animation threads yesterday so I spent a couple hours trying to mostly read most of them trying to catch up a little bit but I'd still need to get back into simantics and revisiting something like that would take real motivation and I know you understand that is hard to come by at times. Looks like exciting progess so far though, congrats.

:lion:
Deedee

By all means keep posting things like this, even if at the moment I don`t see where some bits fit in to how the animations in the sims 2 works. It does give me things to think about and check and that can only lead to either discovering new things that I didn`t realise or at last speeding the process up and being able to rule some things out.

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you mean with the slots. I thought in that regards that the sims 1 was similar to the sims 2 that in the BHAV`s for a action on a object that it controled which entry slot a sim went to and then played the right animation (this of course could have a random feature where by the BHAV had more than one entry slot and animation to play depending on the random number it generated). But now I`m not sure as you know a lot more than me about how it worked, so it really would help if you could explain a bit more.

Thanks again.

cowcollector,

Thanks for the praise, but I`m a bit worried about the deleted post you made.
Page 2 of 2