Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:49 AM
Default A Carriage. Is it possible?
Is it possible to make the carriage (cart) based on a car or perhaps on a buggy (I do not know exactly how it will be in English. In other words a baby transport)?
Just replacing a sim by the horse ^_^
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 1:54 AM
it requiers a whole new script because you prolly want the horse to animate while it pulls the carriage.
I had a funny attempt at something similar by replacing a saddle with the games wagon :P
I just picked the wrong horse joint(head joint orso) for the wagon lol
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/116/pwf.mp4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:02 AM
LOL! It's amazing

So potentially it is possible. Is there a manual or guide about scripting in the Sims? ^_^

I want to make a whole workable wagon
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:58 AM
i have no experience with writing new scripts.
Do know that it will be alot of work.

I wanted to change the saddle into the wagon wich i did.
Next thing is changing the slot were the sim sits when it goes riding, so it sits on the wagon, but have no idea if it will be decent enough to upload.
I was hoping to pull this of without writing a new script.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:08 AM
Try making the carriage joint, the default one. It -should- follow the horse around fine. Ofc the wheels wouldn't spin though.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
it requiers a whole new script because you prolly want the horse to animate while it pulls the carriage.
I had a funny attempt at something similar by replacing a saddle with the games wagon :P
I just picked the wrong horse joint(head joint orso) for the wagon lol
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/116/pwf.mp4

LOL, I love that video - so hilarious!! Bad horsie!

But it's intriguing to get an idea of what we can do - I too was wondering if replacing the saddle with some sort of cart would work but hadn't had a chance to try it yet, will be looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Yes, I don't think it will be possible to have the wheels spin, but I think most players would be OK with that as long as everything else looks OK otherwise.
Alchemist
#7 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Demagog
LOL! It's amazing

So potentially it is possible. Is there a manual or guide about scripting in the Sims? ^_^

I want to make a whole workable wagon
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=434786&page=1

There's also one on pure scripting which might be an easier place to start to get an idea of how to write scripts for S3 although it won't help you with the project you're considering directly.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=424674&page=1

As Base illustrated though, it may not be necessary to write a new script...it may be possible to do it by only editing an existing object.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphead
Try making the carriage joint, the default one. It -should- follow the horse around fine. Ofc the wheels wouldn't spin though.

i dont understand wat you mean?
If i want to add a new joint i have to add it to the rig and animation?
That will rquier a new script and animation file.
Ill try to assigne it to the back joint, should improve.

Another thing are the textures, you should work with a repositioned overlay as saddles are mapped on the skintone uvmap.
Like with clothes everything uses the same map....
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:13 PM
that video is hilarious Bloom, I hope to see the cart working out someday /follows with interest :3