Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 11:44 PM Last edited by pinksuki2k : 15th Feb 2007 at 7:09 PM.
Default Transparency in Boots Accessory
Hello. I'm having a problem with an accessory that bleeds through, but I don't think that this particular problem is related to having Pets. I've read articles and other discussions where accessories are said to look fine in BodyShop and not in-game. My accessory bleeds through even in BodyShop.

I read the article explaining strange transparencies due to incorrect bone assignments http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131414, but all the assignments equal up to 100%. I selected "Sims 2 Unimesh Fix Underweighted Bones" and it showed no corrected assignments. Next, I tried assigning the whole mesh 100% to one bone and it show in BodyShop with no strange transparencies, but it was out of place.

I've tested it out in Legacy BodyShop as well as the BaseGame and it's the same problem. I created an accessory before and hadn't had this problem until now. Hopefully, this is something that can be corrected.

I'm using Milkshape, Unimesh plugins, "accessoryeyeglassesthickrims" as the base.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:18 AM
Check your material definitions. They are in your BodyShop recolor .package, not in your mesh .package.

Make sure that the line:

stdMatAlphaBlendMode:

is set to "none"

If it is set to "blend", you will get that weird transparency effect.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 2:29 AM
I tried that before as well. The lenses were the only parts set to blend, but I changed them all to none and it's still the same. On a different copy of the .package I changed "StandardMaterial to SimStandardMaterial". No progress. I can't figure this one out.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  test_boots_acc.zip (3.2 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:57 PM
The last time I looked at the pets bug, things displayed perfectly in CAS but not in game. So if that's not what you're seeing, it's probably not pets related.

On your 100% assignments, are they always filled in from the top down in the bone tool - because it has to be that way. Secondly try double checking for 'unassigned' bones using the milkshape joint thing - you shouldn't assign them that way but you can also check for unassigned that way and I recall once having problems with the unimesh assignments or fix underweight bones and something I'd done that mixed things up, and that helped.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 2:42 AM
The screenshot has all the symptoms of having some under or overweighted bones. That is not a definitive answer, but that is what it looks like. Since your attachment did not include the mesh package, I could not look at it here and verify whether that is true or not. I'm afraid I will be less able to help on txmt parameters than many other modders here.

There are some other odd possibilities, such as having some of the vertice assignments to the wrong foot (L/R reversal) which would show up after the body was animated.

UniMesh should not export an underweighted mesh package without warning you. However, there are some joints that can be selected for use that may not work correctly, such as the r_shorts and the l_pantsleg.

<* Wes *>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 7:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. The assignments were all filled in from the top, but ultimately it did have to do with incorrect skin weights even though they all showed 100% when checked in the Bone Tool. I was able to solve the problem by exporting and importing the mesh back into Milkshape where I got the message "Some of the Skin Weights do not total 100%. Do you want these corrected?". It fixed the problem with the weights and the mesh now shows up correctly in BodyShop and in-game.

Thanks again.
Alchemist
#7 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:08 AM
I can only assume that there is some miscommunication between us on this. I wish I had a real answer for how that happened to you, because maybe I could change something.

The code that does the vertex comparisons for the UniMesh plugins Select Underweighted Bones and Fix Underweighted Bones is the same code that is now part of the importer. So how they failed you the first time is not easy to grasp.

Regardless, I am not only glad you got your problem resolved, but also that you told us it was fixed.

<* Wes *>