Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 11:29 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 30th Apr 2006 at 8:40 PM. Reason: New descriptive title
Default Help with Mesh/Milkshape/Bodychop
hi,

im having a proplem in Milkshape... i keep having an error come up when i try and Export the file, "Bone count incorrect for body mesh" ????????????

can anyone tell me wat this means... i think it has somthing to do that i've got a top from another mesh and put it into this mesh coz i cant remember how i did the other mesh and i really need it in this mesh! (god that was fast typing lol) this is about my 3rd MESH i've done and i really need help!

thnks...

*S_V*
Screenshots
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 1:24 PM
You've got a few problems.

1) I am 99% sure you shouldn't have 2 groups named 'body'
Perhaps you also now have 2 skeletons in your file?

2) bodychop is no longer supported. While there are some changes in what you need to do, you will get much better results with the new unimesh plugin (see the top of this forum) which fully supports the 3-4 bone weights that Maxis uses in their meshes.

-- combining the parts of 2 meshes was usually accomplished in bodychop by saving one part out as OBJ and then bringing in the 'base' mesh with a skeleton, and then import the obj and redoing all the bone assignments on the obj.

BUT towards the end (last few pages) of the Unimesh THREAD, there is info about how to combine 2 meshes together. Changing to unimesh, you could try the beginner tutorial for it, but the you will need to read the manual and thread to learn about the bone assignments. The limited beginner tutorial was still a 50 step tutorial, so you must understand that we couldn't cover everything in it.

PS - PLEEZ don't type L1k3 this or dis. I almost skipped over your message because we expect people to converse here without excessive abbreviations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 1:43 PM
sorry...

im just getting annoyed because i really want this mesh done so i can do the end of my legacy family...

thank you for helping and i'll look through other threads and see what i can find.