Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Message displaying $NameLocal:0 instead of career name
Dora Ottomas recently got a message that read:
"I work in the $NameLocal:0 career and we could really use a smart Sim like you on our team. Dora, how'd you like to start working as a $JobTitle:5:0, right now?"

I was wondering if anyone has some hints to tracking down what is causing that problem (its probably a hack, but I'm not sure which one and doing half and half is going to be hard because I don't know how to trigger this random event reliably to test).

I've attached an image of the pop up.

EDIT: On top of this, after I unpaused the game having posted this message, Dora didn't come home from work, which might be a related bug I guess. (Saving, exiting and reloading the game didn't make her come home, and I don't want to lose my progress - 2 good chance cards and 3 promotions!)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Dora Ottomas recently got a message that read:
"I work in the $NameLocal:0 career and we could really use a smart Sim like you on our team. Dora, how'd you like to start working as a $JobTitle:5:0, right now?"

I was wondering if anyone has some hints to tracking down what is causing that problem (its probably a hack, but I'm not sure which one and doing half and half is going to be hard because I don't know how to trigger this random event reliably to test).

I've attached an image of the pop up.

EDIT: On top of this, after I unpaused the game having posted this message, Dora didn't come home from work, which might be a related bug I guess. (Saving, exiting and reloading the game didn't make her come home, and I don't want to lose my progress - 2 good chance cards and 3 promotions!)

Do you have a lot of custom careers? It might be an error in the descriptions of one of them.
It's possible that the to problems you describe are not related to the same cc. Although it both has to do with careers.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Do you have a lot of custom careers? It might be an error in the descriptions of one of them.
It's possible that the to problems you describe are not related to the same cc. Although it both has to do with careers.

I don't have any custom careers, and I can't think what hacks I might have that relate to careers. I'm going through my downloads folder at the moment trying to see if anything jumps out at me.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:45 AM
I don't have any custom careers, and I can't think what hacks I might have that relate to careers. I'm going through my downloads folder at the moment trying to see if anything jumps out at me.

Run the HCDU. Maybe it helps you find something that might cause this.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:11 AM
I ran the HCDU and didn't come up with anything.

I think the sims not coming home from work might be from the 'After Work Activities' mod. I've taken that out to see if it makes a difference.

I also took out a mod that lets you choose between part time and full time jobs adults and elders in case it was messing with Dora (her being in an elder career).
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:39 AM
I ran the HCDU and didn't come up with anything.

I think the sims not coming home from work might be from the 'After Work Activities' mod. I've taken that out to see if it makes a difference.

I also took out a mod that lets you choose between part time and full time jobs adults and elders in case it was messing with Dora (her being in an elder career).

Maybe you might mention these issues you're having in the thread where you downloaded the mod. The creators of the mod might be able to help you. They know how the mods act in game.
And other downloaders should be warned if there are any issues with mods they might download.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 2:21 AM
I got something similar in my game not long ago. I haven't seen it before and since it's only an AL networking bonus I'm not going to let it bother me.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...877#post5337877

The attached picture is something similar that I've seen much more often with LTWs for some time now. I'm assuming it's from the same mod/bug/conflict. Since it's so easily changed, I just ignore it. Since neither of these bugs seems to interfere with actual careers or anything, I just don't let them bother me.

EDIT: (Sorry - didn't see this before)
On top of this, after I unpaused the game having posted this message, Dora didn't come home from work, which might be a related bug I guess. (Saving, exiting and reloading the game didn't make her come home, and I don't want to lose my progress - 2 good chance cards and 3 promotions!)

The batbox has an option to Fix > Retrieve Missing Sims which usually works in situations like this. The bugs that I've been having have not caused anybody to get stuck at work, so mine might be caused by something different than yours. Or Dora herself might be buggy. In my games it's usually Denise Jaquet that causes problems like this.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:54 PM
It appears I have a similar problem.
I too just installed this creation: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606671
Screenshots

Instructor
#9 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:03 PM
Yes i was getting the same problem with my teen sims not coming home with that mod but my adults and elders would. All my teens were in the military career and it was when they were due to come home at 10pm.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Yes i was getting the same problem with my teen sims not coming home with that mod but my adults and elders would. All my teens were in the military career and it was when they were due to come home at 10pm.

I think I solved the problem for my by redownloading the mod. I saw there was an update after I downloaded (need to remind myself not to download a new mod immediatly after it's uploaded).
Maybe that helps for you too.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I think I solved the problem for my by redownloading the mod. I saw there was an update after I downloaded (need to remind myself not to download a new mod immediatly after it's uploaded).
Maybe that helps for you too.

I had the same problem with the latest version, but I think in my case its a conflict with something. I'm not 100% sure what is causing the conflict, and there's nothing I'm terribly willing to take out, so I'll have to live without after work activities I guess.