Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 4:19 AM
Default Is it possible to delete foundation without removing floortile?
I have a pre-made furnished house but I want to make a daylight basement. the ground is the height that it needs to be and such already from a lower floor garage that ive removed to make more space in the yard. what im going for is possible if i delete the foundation which also removes the tiles, which i can replace after the foundation is gone but this means i have to move all my furniture off the tiles to complete it. to make it less of a tedious task, as the title says, is there a way to remove the foundation while keeping the floor tile above undisturbed?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:24 AM
No, I don't think so. I usually delete the foundation a few tiles at a time, and replace with floor.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 2:20 AM
I don't know of a way to delete foundations without disturbing the floor tiles. I suggest moving some furniture off a small section of the tiles, delete the foundation, then move the furniture back. Move to the next section and repeat. This way it is easier to keep track of where everything goes, and makes the task go more smoothly. Good luck.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 11:27 PM
You can't remove the foundation while leaving the floor intact, you could (as said before) remove only a 2 tile broad row and then pace them again BUT with a large lot this will take some time...
IF you know this problem will come across your building before you start there is a work around... 4 example->
You have a 64x64 lot and want to build a 40x30 home where (part) of the foundation has to be removed (to create space below).
Place a 60x60 foundation and remove the 58x58 center tiles (you'll keep a 1 tile broad foundation border), while doing so you'll see that the center 58x58 tiles have a grid to place tiles upon.
Create your build, remove foundation & place tiles as wanted
Remove the outer foundation border & presto.

The key is to see your foundation as a wall, as long as it makes a closed room you can place tiles above the foundation.

In your case I would try to close gaps with new foundation and you'll see you now can place tiles =
see foundation as ground floor wall; as long as you make a room you can place tiles on the floor above (with a gap in the wall you can't use the grid on the 1st floor...)

The objects placed on a foundation have to be removed before editing the foundation; a build plan before placing objects would tackle the problem, even windows and doors could create this problem...