Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 8:09 AM Last edited by Mary-Greenman : 7th Jul 2012 at 7:26 AM. Reason: The issue posted was fixed and the pattern is ready for upload, however, I'm not sure how I did it. XD
Default Quality Loss Issue From Delphy's Pattern program *fixed*
Hi there! *waves*

I'm new to pattern making so forgive me if this is a newbie question.

I've been at this pattern for a few hours now and just attempted to use it in game. My pattern went from this:

to this:

There are a couple of issues with this pattern. The first being that the outline around the bunny is too faded. I would like it to be more prominent but as you see in the screenshot, the quality of that part of the image is too light.

The second issue I have is that only the outlines of the 2 images inside the pattern and the background are customizable. I would like to make it so that the rabbit's body is customizable as well. How do I do this?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 4:03 PM
Each "color" you want in the pattern has to have its own channel: red, blue, green or alpha. As for the border you probably just have to make sure its a solid color and not feathered out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
Each "color" you want in the pattern has to have its own channel: red, blue, green or alpha. As for the border you probably just have to make sure its a solid color and not feathered out.

Thank you for the quick reply (and sorry for the dealy in my own reply!).

I'm a little new to channels, so I know that is part of the issue. However, I don't know how to connect the three channels to the colors in the ...channel bar. I use GIMP, but it works just like Photoshop if that helps.