Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 9:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird mod
Recently I just got my laptop in working order (charger was broken, took awhile to find a new one) and I noticed something odd: when my teen grows up, they age into college instead of an adult, and there is no phone options to make them 'drop out' or select a class either. And my downloads don't show the name either. I have zero memory of even downloading this mod. Does anyone know which mod this might so I can get it out?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 10:05 PM
Could be "Squinge Mega College Pack" - look for files named "TeenToYoungAdultNoCollege" , "yaBirthdayCakefixed" , "nowantsatisfyunedcuated" "nomemoryuneducated" & lastly "CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLot". If you have these, you have Squinge's Mega College Pack installed in your game. If not, I'm not sure what could cause this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 11:10 PM
Squinges mod doesn't automatically make them into YA. That is why he supplies the cake, you have to use that for the teens birthday to stop them from turning into adults. Also you can certainly select a class like any other college student. Unless you accidentally picked Squinges cake the last few times on an adult birthday? Certainly check in game, but if it's that it's odd you can't use the phone or computer to set a major.

Perhaps you picked up an adult college hack? I know there is one. http://blog.daum.net/christianlov/5481680 Maybe try downloading and doing a comparison, not easy when nothing there is in English.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 12:25 AM
@lunatails

Combined with joandsarah77's comment, did you age up the Sim with the regular birthday cake and they aged into a Young Adult?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
@lunatails

Combined with joandsarah77's comment, did you age up the Sim with the regular birthday cake and they aged into a Young Adult?

I did not use a cake, just clicked on the sim themselves.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:16 AM
How strange... I don't know what it could be. I hope maybe joandsarah77 may have the answer above or someone else on MTS does. Sorry I couldn't help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 1:54 AM
It has to be some kind of global mod doing that. Did you install any of @Chris Hatch mods? Not sure if he has one like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:25 AM
@lunatails, Fyren5 is correct. Squinge's TeenToYoungAdultNoCollege file will automatically age sims into YAs when they grow up. I experienced this myself and learned that the pack is a little misleading and you don't need all the files. For example, it's an either/or situation with the YA Birthday Cake--use the YA Birthday Cake if you don't want sims to automatically age into YAs, then you can use the cake to have just the sims you choose age into YAs at home. If you want all your teens to automatically age into YAs, then use Teen To Young Adult No College.

As for not having any uni options at home, that's because you need the semester tester on the lot for university interactions like drop out and selecting a major to show up. You can spawn the semester tester by turning on boolprop, shift-clicking on a sim, then choosing spawn semester tester. Don't forget to "start class" on the semester tester to make the uni clock count down for your YA sim.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 2:28 AM
You can also download a tester and it Sunrader recently made it look like a tidy set of books here: https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p..._related_post=1

~Call me Jo~