Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM
Default Where Can I find mod concerning baby genders
Hi I am not sure if my other post has been posted about this so I will repost again. Thank you once again for helping about the ballet dance stereo. Yet, I am now finding a mod about baby genders. Simply put, is there a mod or hacks that enables me to choose what gender would my sim's baby be when it is born?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 5:56 PM
Sorry, no there isn't, however, there are work two arounds that I know of -
a) Save just before the baby is born then if it's not the gender you want quit to the neighborhood without saving and reload the house. You can do this as many times as you want to get the gender you want.

b) If you have and understand SimPe. With a bit of fiddlin you can change any sims gender. (If you want more info on this option just ask.)
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 8:17 PM
Just to be safe, don't save once she's waving her hand, if anything goes wrong you can't go back and, at least in my experience, the gender is already set by that point and it won't randomly change. Keep an eye on the length of pregnancy time left or wait for sim to stand up, check the clock and let the birth happen. If it's not the gender you prefer, exit lot and wait again, save about 10-15 minutes earlier than the first attempt, then you can exit and retry without much wait. It might happen on the next try or could take many tries, you never know. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Just to be safe, don't save once she's waving her hand, if anything goes wrong you can't go back and, at least in my experience, the gender is already set by that point and it won't randomly change

Actually, no.
The gender and everything else aka: whose eyebrows, whose nose and cheekbones etc...is chosen when it says : There is a new family member! Notice how the game lags a bit, and how long it takes for you to be back to playing. This is when the magic happens. So it is okay to save just as your sim waves at you and start holding her/his belly in pain.
Someone else can confirm, or let me know how wrong I am.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 11:37 PM
When she waves her hand is a fine time to save and I have done so many times. The gender is not set until the baby is born. You just have to keep reloading OP. I know it stinks but this is one thing we can't change.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:31 PM
Thank you so much. So, true joanandsarah77 I do wished there was a mod for it. But still thanks again to all of you who took the time to answer this question of mine and gave me tips on it.