Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop Crashes
Bodyshop seems to like to crash on me lately. It's never on the same clothing, so I know that it isn't a particular outfit. I suspect that I might just have too much CC for it to process. Sometimes an outfit will show up all red just before it happens, but on the next load that outfit will be fine.

Anyone got any ideas for how to fix this or is it just something I'm going to have to put up with when I have a lot of CC?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:29 PM
That sounds like you're straining your hardware in some way. Cleaning inside the box, improving cooling, and checking your graphics rules are all things to try.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 3:14 PM
No idea how to get into the box or cooling, but now I wonder if I need to apply things like the 4GB patch to Bodyshop separately from when I applied it to the main game?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 6:32 PM
All the towers I've seen have an easily removed side panel that comes off with one screw. UNPLUG it first! Get a can of compressed air and hit everything, remember the vents (various holes through the case. I even hit all the ports.. Computers all have a fan to keep themselves cool - they generate a LOT of heat; office I used to work at was full of computers and it was kept cold FOR THE COMPUTERS. I have an upgraded fan; like other upgrades for my NEW Windows7, it was "at the shop", but after hours playing in a closed room, it will overheat and crass.
DISCLAIMER: I know for s..t about computers so hope someone else replies.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:48 AM
Perhaps a fan needs replacing - if somebody could show you how to open the tower and look if the fans are all working, you can do it yourself in the future (fans are easy to replaced in most towers).

You can also apply the 4GB patch to Bodyshop - I did and it seems to make everything a bit faster as well - but replace the fan first if needed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:43 AM
Can't get into the case at all, but it's a pretty new computer, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. I'll try the 4GB patch.