Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2017 at 8:00 AM
Default Finding this bridge in s3oc
I want to recolor this bridge. I think it's from MonteVista, it's called something to do with love, but I have searched S3OC for love, bridge and lovers, but no dice. Does anyone have the name in English or perhaps you have the file? ... or perhaps I'm even doing it wrong. I searched in fullbuild 0 and 1, but if this is a world objects... ?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2017 at 9:53 AM
This IS from Monte Vista, it's called bridgeTuscan_DOT07_world. You will need to have a look at your Monte Vista files to find it, not sure if S3OC is set up to work with store files.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2017 at 12:27 PM
I wonder, what does the "DOT" refer to in files relating to the Store worlds?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2017 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
This IS from Monte Vista, it's called bridgeTuscan_DOT07_world. You will need to have a look at your Monte Vista files to find it, not sure if S3OC is set up to work with store files.

I thought I had done this before, but I don't think I ever got it to work. I think auntielynd just extracted the file for me. I found somewhere simsample just says to rename the MonteVista.world to MonteVista.package, but i can't do that.

When I try open the .package

It was from 2011/12 though, perhaps they thought it was a borderline and stopped it?

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I wonder, what does the "DOT" refer to in files relating to the Store worlds?

Expansions often have EP infront of file names, it's a very useful feature. I guess DOT is just to have some letters there, MonteVista might very well be world 7. On the other hand English is not my native language, and us'ians love shortening words.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Expansions often have EP infront of file names, it's a very useful feature. I guess DOT is just to have some letters there, MonteVista might very well be world 7. On the other hand English is not my native language, and us'ians love shortening words.

Yeah, you're right. Doubt the Department of Transportation has anything to do with it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 7th May 2017 at 2:01 PM
The world file probably doesn't inlcude the bridge object. Don't you have the items as separate packages? S3OC can work with .world-files, at least for me, no need to rename them.

The error upon opening probably is caused by the store protection thing, which would need to be removed with recompressorizer (or decrapify tool, not sure which one).
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2017 at 2:26 PM
The world file probably doesn't inlcude the bridge object. Don't you have the items as separate packages? S3OC can work with .world-files, at least for me, no need to rename them.

The error upon opening probably is caused by the store protection thing, which would need to be removed with recompressorizer (or decrapify tool, not sure which one).

Separate packages? That 's only if you download them separate I would think.

Going to search for those tools then, thank you.

Anyons know how to turn off the spellchecker on galaxy s8 isn't it.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th May 2017 at 3:04 PM
If you extract the MV sims3pack, you'll get the world package plus the objects as separate package-files. As you have the MV world file as separate file I assumed that this was what you have done in the past. How do you install Monte Vista and those items? You have that bridge in caw, so it must be installed.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2017 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 7th May 2017 at 3:51 PM.
If you extract the MV sims3pack, you'll get the world package plus the objects as separate package-files. As you have the MV world file as separate file I assumed that this was what you have done in the past. How do you install Monte Vista and those items? You have that bridge in caw, so it must be installed.

I have been googling a bit. I should have the original file yes, but I did download it as one file. I have been looking at this PC Decrapifier, is that the program you use, or do you have something else to recommend.

Ah, but then I can use Delphy's multipack ... Nope, not working either. I can extract the files, but I get the same error opening them in s3oc. Not to mention the mess in my folder, with nameless files all over the place.

I had to search my but off, but I found it and now S3OC can open the files: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=567536
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th May 2017 at 10:48 PM
Good that you managed to solve it! I'm sorry, I should have been more precise with the program name or offer links.