Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:58 AM
Default Bluewater Village screw-ups
This happened recently when I attached Bluewater Village to a neighborhood. I've since deleted that file, but here's what happened and I'm hoping to avoid a repeat of this:

What I do to set things up, is make all the playables sell their lots so I can delete them in SimPE.* Otherwise the lots are useless.

I had Florence Delarosa shut down her business, but the little thing up in the right-hand corner (business tracker) was still there.* Hm.* Meh, I just went into SimPE as usual and got rid of the Sims I didn't want.* I had also created a family to move in.

So, I start up the game, and I click on Florence's old house, so I can check it with my Professor Von Ball.* Instead of it being in build/buy mode...it actually had my new family in it.* * Professor Von Ball indicated "owned lot" and "not safe to delete."

So I exited out of there...and my family was in the family bin.* I moved them in.* So far so good.

I then switch over to Malcolm Landgraab's house.* I tried to get him to walk to a community lot...but every time he got to the edge of the lot it "jumped" and he was back at his mailbox.*

Something got borked. I didn't think the 'hood was salvageable so I deleted it. Still, I wonder what I did wrong.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:42 AM
You're deleting sims? I take it with SimPE and the bat box. Well its still risky and certainly not guaranteed safe, my guess is one of those messed up your hood. I would never delete sims even taking every step possible. Any I want gone I turn into townies then toss a prisoner tag into inventory and I never see them again. If you want a cleaned up sub hood you are better off downloading one without any pre made sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:26 PM
Yeah, this sounds like a lot of potential problems, when you could just download an uninhabited version!

Here's the uninhabited clean Bluewater: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...01&postcount=75

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2017 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You're deleting sims? I take it with SimPE and the bat box. Well its still risky and certainly not guaranteed safe, my guess is one of those messed up your hood. I would never delete sims even taking every step possible. Any I want gone I turn into townies then toss a prisoner tag into inventory and I never see them again. If you want a cleaned up sub hood you are better off downloading one without any pre made sims.

I don't use the batbox, I use SimPE only.

Funny thing is, this was screwed up at the very beginning. I haven't had anything like that happen in my main or Downtown 'hoods. And this is only recently.

Come to think of it, I have gotten a new computer and gone from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently, don't know if that has anything to do with that.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:32 PM
It should not be the Windows change; that made no difference to my game when I did that. I would suggest looking closely at your mods - maybe there is an outdated one that isn't updated for AL or something like that. I have played Bluewater Village for years in a vanilla game, and it was only Denise and Gilbert's food in their inventories that did not work, everything else did. I would check my latest downloads if I were you.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:57 PM
It's luck, honestly. You've been deleting sims in a way that is known to cause corruption and now you're seeing signs of corruption. Just... stop doing stuff that's known to corrupt 'hoods, y'know?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th May 2017 at 10:53 PM
AlexandraSpears, As a comparative newcomer, may I welcome you [back] to the TS2 forum. I know you were a prolific poster on this forum a few years back, but I have seldom seen you post here since I joined in late 2012. From this I gather that you have spent most of the last few years following the "heirs and successors" of TS2 (i.e. TS3 and, maybe, TS4). Most us here pledge allegiance to the ancien régime. In your comparative absence some things have probably changed in the Sims 2 community; there is now a general consensus that deleting Sims by any method is a "bad thing". Probably the best alternative is to give them Inge's prisoner tag from Simlogical as Jo suggested in post #2 above, especially if, like me, you think Sims might just be covered by the 6th Commandment. (To me TS2 Sims are so lifelike that they're almost human -- I couldn't possibly kill them. Zarathustra did point out to me though, that being for ever in a state of limbo with a prisoner tag, might be worse than death!) So better still is to use one of the clean empty templates that are now available. See the link that simsfreq gave in post #3.

Anyway I'm glad to see you back here, and I hope we see lots more of you posts.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:48 PM
Deleting sims with just SimPE will corrupt your hood and now unfortunately you are seeing the signs of it. Not seeing signs doesn't mean the other hoods have no corruption, data reading goes on in the background and may be so small as to not show the glitches or the glitches may be ones you miss or put to other causes. Hood corruption is a funny thing, it may happen over years getting worse or the whole hood could vanish after just one week. Never delete sims and if you do all the steps which is both SimPE and bat box understand you are still taking a risk. it's not an absolutely safe method.

Kill sims
Use empty templates
turn into townies and toss in the prisoner tag
individually ban with the visitor controler.

Those are safe ways to be rid of sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th May 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by AlexandraSpears : 5th May 2017 at 7:37 PM.
The thing is, I had tried to shut down Florence's business *first*, before even going into SimPE. The problem with the business not shutting down right happened BEFORE I even opened SimPE. I usually get the main 'hood and any subhoods set up before I quit and go into SimPE.

The issue with Malcolm stuck on his home lot happened *after.*

It's like it was borked from the start. I have always made sure that I don't have any conflicting mods, and that certain mods are listed in a certain order.

I think I will go ahead and use an empty template. If I want Malcolm Landgraab (who BTW is one of my favorites for some reason) or any other Sim I can just copy them.

EDIT: Just downloaded it. What I'm going to do is load up BV, copy Sims I want, delete the neighborhood file, then install the empty BV.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:37 PM
Yes because your hood was already corrupted from deleting sims.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
copy Sims I want

How are you going to do that?

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:29 AM
Extract them in SimPE Voeille.

@AlexandraSpears if you do extract make sure to clone and use the clone not the extracted sim. You might know that already but in case you don't thought I would mention it. You want to begin clean.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:10 AM
I know about the extract option, I wanted to ask the OP to see if they know about the need to clone the extracted sim in Bodyshop (they didn’t know that they shouldn’t delete sims so they could not hear about cloning), but you mentioned that already so my previous post is irrelevant now

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th May 2017 at 1:35 AM
Sorry thought you didn't know since you were asking. I am very direct.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:17 AM
Hey! Long time no see!

Yeah, even deleting with SimPE we've discovered there are problems--newborn/newcreated sims will reuse the instance number of the deleted sims so you get a baby who thinks it's Florence. Not good. (I got Charity Green's grandfather out of Jodie Larson and Geoff Rutherford's kid.)

So you need to use an empty Bluewater, or make your own, yeah. But if you wanted to play the premades, get a fixed Bluewater. Were you around when Tarlia fixed all the hoods? http://meetme2theriver.livejournal....0neighbourhoods All of them come nicely pre-corrupted so we can have things like babies thinking they're grandfathers.

Hope that's helpful.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th May 2017 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes because your hood was already corrupted from deleting sims.

I had the issue with shutting down Florence's business *before* I deleted any Sims--the minute I loaded up BV I entered her lot and tried to get her to shut down her business. Because if I delete Sims who own businesses, and I don't have them sell off their properties first, the lots become unusable.

That's what I'm getting at here. I'm wondering if that lot is screwy to begin with.

BTW, to answer other questions...been playing TS2 since 2009, TS3 since 2013...so yeah, I know where to find cleaned-up neighborhoods. And yeah, I meant "extract" Sims in SimPE. Done it plenty of times.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#17 Old 6th May 2017 at 4:04 PM
I think the Maxis hoods are all corrupted, aren't they?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th May 2017 at 11:44 PM
The pre-shipped hood do come corrupted but they normally play okay for awhile.

That might have been a glitch or possibly some conflicting cc.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:41 PM
For the lurker in this thread some ten years into the future, here are a few handy links to keep in mind:
Mad Poster
#20 Old 8th May 2017 at 3:52 PM
My pre-corrupted hood lasted for 4 and a half years. I think you need to do a 50/50.