Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Pets
Default Please ensure The Sims 2 Pets disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application
I bought Sims 2 Double Deluxe and Sims 2 pets last year, Sims 2 has always worked but the Sims 2 pets hasn't. First it was saying I had an invalid code but now that all works fine it installs fine and everything. As soon as I click the icon it brings up the splash screen and sits there for a long time just saying SIMS 2 PETS.............than it gives me the box that says "Please ensure The Sims 2 Pets disc is in the drive, select OK and restart the application" I've tried looking the problem up but I haven't been able to fix it.

Here's my specs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Intel Pentium G630 @ 2.70GHZ

4GB ram

On board graphics (Intel HD graphics family)

I don't have a lot running in the background I actually try to make it so anything I install WON'T run when Windows starts up except firewall, anti virus and such.
Any help is very much appreciated :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 3:40 AM
It is very unwise to run the game with an onboard graphic card. Anyways, try this.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirrah
Don't quote me on this, but I believe that I had the same error when I only had Nightlife and Uni as EPs and got Pets. Have you tried putting in the Basegame CD instead of the Pets CD? Again, I'm not sure if that's what I did, it's been 4 yrs since then, but I believe that strangely enough the Basegame CD worked instead of the Pets one.

I have Sims 2 double deluxe that game worked fine before I installed pets, when I tried putting in the disc for double deluxe it tells me to please insert Sims 2 pets disc 1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Port_A_Build
It is very unwise to run the game with an onboard graphic card. Anyways, try this.

I have had graphical issues with the base game, landscape turning into what looks like someones head hair O_O sims faces going invisible sometimes their face and hands its really weird but I got a new pc last year (haven't had a new one since 2004) and sadly I didn't have the money to choose good graphics card or sound card but I do have the space for them just have to have the money lol Thank you for the link I'll try this and hope it helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Port_A_Build

I don't know exactly what it was, I copied the files to my hard drive and it seems to run fine now I didn't have to uninstall or reinstall anything just copied the disc to my drive and when I clicked on the icon again it worked but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the disk. No scratches, spots of any kind actually and the disc is still in my drive so I assume the game is running from the disc? Thank you so much!