Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 11:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Obedience Trainer
I replaced the obedience trainer with Alt Sims Surgery and made her an adult. She now doesn't train pets. She comes, sells her potion, asks which pet to train, recieves desired command to teach then goes off to watch tv.

Unlike most NPC service sims there seems to be only one obedience trainer so I can't hire someone else to do it.

The only thing I can think of is getting her to move in and become playable so that another obedience trainer will be generated. I have mods to stop sims being automatically generated. So i'd have to take those out.

I have a feeling the answer will be that she's a special npc that can't be regenerated and moving her in would be a bad move.

I could get used to trainning pets myself. It was a chore getting her arrival to synchronise with the pets non-working and sleeping hours anyway. One of my sims would also have to be home to tell her what to do. That's a lot of variables and often you end up paying her to watch tv and you need to train the pet yourself anyway. OTOH the replacement I made is really funky and I was looking forward to her visiting even if she fails at the task assigned.

I have made her selectable and ordered her to train the pet but that option doesn't seem very cohesive to me. It's much better when it's automatic. Hmm. I'm getting picky now.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:18 AM
Check all of your installation files (usually C:\Program Files\EA Games). See whether anything has changed since you did the Alt Sims Surgery. You can Search for all files modified since a particular date, specifically the date that you started fooling around with the obedience trainer. Let us know which files have changed.

Did you make a backup of your save game before making these changes?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:03 AM
I've done a lot since doing this blunder. I'll make a backup, try moving her out and if that doesn't work I'll learn to live without her and fingers crossed touching wood that nothing catastrophic arises.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 5:25 AM
I checked and no games files have been altered since using alt sims surgery except ones that I intentionally altered (globalprops, globalstartup, broadcast.ini and graphics rules) and the uninstall file for some strange reason and a couple of log/report type files. No game files.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:48 AM
Did she actually work properly before? My obedience trainer has never worked, she always mooches off to watch TV. In the end, I downloaded a Christianlov mod that rapidly speeds up the time it takes to learn skills. I can try and find it for you if you like.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Josepina : 27th Apr 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Not well lol but she did try Trying the cheat wouldn't hurt though. I'd really appreciate that.

Edit: I tried calling from a few families and kept getting the same obedience trainer but I tried calling from another family today and got a new lady. There is more than one thankfully. I'll just get the replacement to move in with somebody.

I might make a backup and try replacing her with an elder. Otherwise try selecting her and doing a makeover. If all that fails i'll put up with maxis fug.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:30 AM
Here you go! Sorry for the delay. I'm not sure if it's the petskill mod or the learnbehaviourcommand mod, so I've uploaded both of them.