Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:10 AM
Ah... I wonder why Windows allowed this to happen. The File Dialog has the flag "OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST", which should only allow you to select an existing file, since the exporter depends on rebuilding the saved file, as you discovered.

Since it is not really a coding error, but rather because I haven't yet written a step-by-step tutorial of any type, I will leave the current edition be until I have some extra reason to make a new release. I have started on trying to build a GUI for all this, and it is taking too long and of course is much harder than it ought to be. Which is why I usually write plugins, because they hitch-hike off the GUI on the main program.

Thanks for the report. I learned something tonight.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:08 PM
I have a problem with the uv map. How can i associate the uv map with the mesh? Because i modify de multiplier and the RGB mask, but in the game, i see this:

Is my first mesh in The Sims 3, and I'm having a lot of problems
Alchemist
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:41 PM
The UV mapping is exported with the mesh automatically. The textures must match the mapping of your mesh, the multiplier is also mapped in the same manner.

This is a whole topic of its own. MilkShape has a built-in UV mapper called the Texture Coordinate Editor, although I prefer an external one myself. You can view the online help file for MilkShape here.

If the object you cloned from and your mesh are not too radically different, you can make the UV mapping of the mesh fit the existing textures by altering the mapping in MilkShape. Otherwise, you need to make an unfolded layout of your mesh and then snapshot the UV mapping and use that as a layer in a graphics editor to redraw the textures to fit the UV mapping of the mesh.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 2:37 AM
Dear Wes~~
Without your help I can do nothing!!!
Thank you~~~~
And my new chair:

Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 2:55 AM
Well, I like good news. It looks lovely, nice workmanship.

We may not have found every possible thing that could go wrong yet, but it looks like we have a technically workable solution. I am slowly working on making the tools a little easier to use, but it won't be in just a few days... I have been working on object meshing since the game came out. The only thing I can remember doing that was harder was the Sims 2 animation tools I made.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:10 AM
I agree with you.
I think many wrongs in the early pages are not made by Your' tool...
It's just something wrong with DDS files or someone haven't change all the modl and mlod,or the UV MAPS...

PS:
I'll be wating for your updating~~And always be your fans. Thank you so much~~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#57 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM
Yes, there are user errors, too. But there have been bugs... if I waited and did a private beta cycle, and then wrote a detail tutorial, we would have a better tool on day one, but "day one" would still be months from now.

We have a few completed, uploaded new items here, and some showing up on other websites, and only a little more than 2 months after the game was released. That pleases me.

Test Subject
#58 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 9:19 AM
I have this error for the bed Double Colonial.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 6:11 PM
MilkShape has a 128 bone limit, which is why that is in there. So you will have trouble editing the mesh anyway if I change that.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 7:47 PM
Thanks for the explanation.
Scholar
#61 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:56 PM
Hey there!

I've also had the same problem as some others, but I cant seem to fix it. It shows correctly mapped in Milkshape, but in the game it's not correctly UV Mapped.

Know any way to fix this problem?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#62 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:03 PM
Some of the cars have multiple UV maps. The MilkShape plugins can manage just a single UV map, so the textures that referenced the extra UV maps need redone, because they are all the same map in the recompiled mesh.

<* Wes *>

Banned
#63 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:10 PM
Hey

I have a problem with my textures they seem to move a bit ingame. But in milkshape there fine. Any idea howI can fix this?

Thanks
Test Subject
#64 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 3:27 PM
Hi Wes,

I'm trying your tutorial but I have a problem with import in Milshape. I can't see in .mcfg and then I can't import them.
I don't know anymore if I loaded every necessary apllication.
Please excuse me for my English 'cause I'm not a speaking english girl.
Thanks if you can help me.
anouskha
Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 4:00 PM Last edited by battousan : 30th Aug 2009 at 9:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
Hey there!

I've also had the same problem as some others, but I cant seem to fix it. It shows correctly mapped in Milkshape, but in the game it's not correctly UV Mapped.

Know any way to fix this problem?

From your uploads, it appears that you've solved the problem.
Can you please tell me how to fix that ? I'm having the same problem too..

I know the UVmap size for the lights & windows is different from the main chassis..
but how do you map a different UVmap for both mesh using the same texture size ??

Thanks before..

EDIT: nevermind, I've found the solution..
with obj mesh tool v14, the uvmap for group00 is 7 times smaller than the rest (group01-lights & group02-windows)
now with objmeshtool v16, it's almost accurate along X axis but still needs some scaling along Y axis (it's roughly 6.8 times smaller)

yet after all those scaling, the result is still inaccurate
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:01 PM
how do u install the program, it just opens it with winRAR, is that what it's suposed to do?
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:02 PM
yay, done it, sorry for bothering evry1
Page 3 of 3