Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 12:36 AM
Default Trouble pointing skins to custom body meshes.
Hey all, I got mesh buliding down pat but im having issues directing the skins to the mesh. I have been just cloning a mesh from the game modifying the obj file put all the good stuff in the package file and the "saved sim" shows the new mesh in bodyshop but also the skins that were on the original mesh show the modified one as well. How is this? If anyone has some light to shed on this i would would greatly appreicate it. Basically I can't get a skin to direct to a mesh without directing other skins from the game to the new mesh.

Tweak
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:10 AM
I have had this problem too it seems like its some kind of a new bodyshop thing where it changes the modified files to that of the default of the type of clothes you are making. I have actually redirected a skin to a mesh I created several times to have it be converted time and time again by bodyshop everytime I open it, I took a skin I made and sent to a friend before he installed sims university and it worked, but as soon as I opened bodyshop again it was changed, so I sent the skin to him again, the exact same file and he too had the wrong skin showing in bodyshop how weird is that, if anyone knows how to fix this besides using bodyshop on a different computer please post.
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:40 AM
Were not doing something right obviously, theres plenty of people who have skin and mesh packages that work together fine... im currently trying to see how they have there stuff setup and see if i can mock it. I've looked at plenty of tutorials but have came up short on success. If I can get this working i'll be putting out meshes and skins like whoa... this is just my holding point.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#4 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:29 PM
Maybe if you had tried posting this in the right forum, you'd have had more luck without having to resort to bumping it.

Which by the way if you do it again, I'll bump you upside the head. :Slap:

RG :D