Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:53 PM
Default These hacks
Good morning, I wanted to know if there are any such hacks:

- A hack that allows you to carry children with the stroller around
- A hack that allows you to wash clothes by operating the washing machine
- A hack that allows you to have a family with recognized ties (grandmother, uncles, cousins) and that allows you to create more than 8 people.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:52 PM
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:32 PM
after a household is moved-in, the types of relatives can be changed with hacks.
insimenator, Sim Manipulator; parent/child, sibling, spouse.
Sim Blender; those and the following: grandparent/grandchild, uncle/aunt/niece/nephew, cousin.

more than 8 sims; mods may be required.
or with Pets or later; household limits can be changed through cheats. I do not remember the exact cheats
mods/cheats I take affect just lot limits. limits for Create-A-Family I take are part of the source code.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:52 PM
I play with more than 8 in a house all the time. My computer can only run well with about 13-14 active sims at a time, so I keep it below that to allow for walkbys and visitors. I don't use any mod to do that. I just have lines in my userstartup.cheat to allow it. I can't create more than 8 in CAF but I can merge sims from the bin into households or move sims in on the lot or have babies once they are moved in.

Mine says
uintProp maxTotalSims 14
uintProp maxTotalHumans 14
uintProp maxTotalPets 6
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 13
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:44 AM
1) There are strollers around that act as a highchair, but that's the closest we have.
2) The washing machines are for a bit of fun and realism they don't really wash your sims clothes.
3) Extended family mod http://modthesims.info/d/610804/ext...-as-family.html
More sims in a household (there are a few) http://modthesims.info/d/250640/lar...-04oct2008.html
Also set your user cheat as said above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:23 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Apr 2019 at 2:43 AM.
@letiziaa I would really suggest Creator Gummilutt Washer and dryer ( which is functionable ) she have package for home use or community ( or for a business if you use for )
I have it in my Sims home lot for their personal use ( Not anyone else like vistors ) and I have one in the community where everyone can come and wash their clothes ( It"s Great I love it ) The Sims will use it on community lot with free will.
Please read everything there carefully link > https://modthesims.info/d/560452/re...otive-gain.html
It all for fun and will raise the Sims fun I just imagine they are washing a load full they do open and close the washer and dryer.

NOTE: If you are confuse as to what download to get just ask I am sure we all will help.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:59 AM
If, however, you want to create more than 8 people in CAS, then I don't think there's a mod for it yet.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 8:11 AM
I have not mentioned the other mods I am using, because I am not sure if they are the best/only/whatever ones, but

I use this mod for more than 8 sims : http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-2139.html

but you can't make them in CAS, as Charity says.

I also use the Blender :http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:53 AM
Can anyone explain the differences in the mods for more sims and just putting a higher limit in userstartup.cheat?
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:48 PM
technically (correct me please if I am wrong) the bigger difference is the moment when the change is in place. The startup cheat file is readed while the game starts. The mod is loaded while the game is getting it's own data (builtin resources then "downloads" resources in the alphabetic order).

Startup cheats approach is more cleaner and easier (or it seems to be) it also should not impact the data consistency within a game, however on the other side, values and variables cannot change anything which was not set up by the game designer as changeable.

The mod approach is less clean (it can impact on the data within the game in unintentional way, conflict with other mod etc) but on the bright side, even non-core mods can reach settings or overwrite values (putting it simply) out of scope the startup file.

So: if you want to change the game behaviour within predicted and accepted by design values (even if you mean: cross default limits) the cheats file is better and simpler way to go, while if you want to add (or modify) the game behaviour in a new way: you need a mod. There's no point to make a mod for changing things easily changeable in the startup cheats file, some of them were developed because of lack of documentation a very long time ago.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:11 PM
I always thought I needed the larger household hack to allow them to have babies, human or pet and to adopt.
While the cheatlines were for merging households and larger groups of sims on a lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I always thought I needed the larger household hack to allow them to have babies, human or pet and to adopt.
While the cheatlines were for merging households and larger groups of sims on a lot.

Mine have babies, human and pet, and adopt, with just the cheat. I moved the Critturs in with the Ottomai having no idea they were pregnant. The place is now crawling with babies and puppies. I didn't even know there were mods for a long time because I've always had the cheat. One thing I don't know is if I'd need a mod for 50 sims as one of them allows. Since I can't run that many, I've never tested more than about 14.

Thank you, ElaineNualla, that makes sense to me, too. I've seen a number of older mods that just turned on things in the userstartup... I assume, also, that casual players were just a bit intimidated by creating one for a while.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:32 PM
I've done a little bit of research and while there isn't really too much documentation on the cheats, everyone seems to agree that it only allows to merge households with more than 8 people from hood view. As Jo said, if you want to have babies, adopt or move someone in in lot view, you need a mod.

http://www.cyjon.net/node/141
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
The one thing this mod doesn't let you do is add sims from the neighborhood to houses which already have 8+ sims in the house. To do that you need to add the following lines to your userStartup.cheat file: [...]

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...tid=2139&page=6
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Any settings you may have in your UserStartup.cheat file to accommodate LotFullOfSims, are still useful for adding families from neighborhood view. So you can leave them where they are.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=14616.0
Quote: Originally posted by Madame Mim
All of this, however, only refers to the melding of families from the hood (and, yes, it means that you can also play larger families) but if you want pregnancies to occur after the game limit of 8 human sims (is it still 8 or did it go up to 10?) you need a lotfullofsims mod.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Alchemist
#14 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:09 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th Apr 2019 at 7:13 PM.
Ok, I just did a test to see if I'm an idiot. First, I searched my mods to make sure I'm not just harboring extra ones. Nothing about extra sims on lots. Then I went into a merged household that already had 12 (1 is a pet). I made two unsuspecting sims pregnant with InSim, accelerated the pregnancies, and now we have two infants on the lot for 14 sims. They are very cute. I can test with a natural woohoo pregnancy later, but I think I've had plenty of those in the past. One of my over-sized households had 5 infants at once. I don't know what that means, except that it works for me with just the cheat.

I'm going to make a new hypothesis now after the adoption tests that when the game has a dialog check about too many sims, the mod is needed, but where it doesn't, it doesn't. I don't play that many large households, so I probably just never noticed because mine worked for how I played.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:06 PM
these are different code snippets. If the functionality (e.g. "an adoption") has it's own checks against some variable/constant - you need a mod to overwrite that (in most cases: overwrite that particular functionality, it is that why modding the Sims 2 is so peculiar sometimes and prone to messing up). However, if the functionality rely just on the game provided data in broader framework, there is no need for particular mod.

Pseudocode example:

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 11:17 PM
Okay, guys, excuse me for a second. I'm having a hard time understanding because of the language.

This file serves to have more ties (uncles, great-grandchildren, great-grandfather) but I read that it is not compatible with interminetor, so the relationships between adolescents and adults would not work is correct?

To download the file, do I simply have to download it and transfer it to the dowloads folder?

http://modthesims.info/d/610804/ext...-as-family.html

http://modthesims.info/d/250640/lar...-04oct2008.html

This file instead downloads it and always in the folder dowloads insert it? And then I have to change the parameters said by Sunrader?
(uintProp maxTotalSims 14
uintProp maxTotalPets 6
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 13)

If yes, how?
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 12:01 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 5th Apr 2019 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
This file instead downloads it and always in the folder dowloads insert it? And then I have to change the parameters said by Sunrader?
(uintProp maxTotalSims 14
uintProp maxTotalPets 6
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 13)
If yes, how?

Do you have a userstartup.cheat file? If you're not sure, google it so you can read about it in your primary language, then you can decide if you need one. Lines like this can go there to let you put more sims on a lot. These are my numbers, because I want 14 sims maximum on a lot, but you might choose different numbers. Look for more information on this so you can decide.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 12:43 AM
user startup cheat file, this is a text document that goes in the Sims 2> Config folder.

There are plenty of cheat files copy pasted on this site. The file must be file extension .cheat to work.

Also apart from the sims numbers you want a cheat file. You can have rotation always on, shortcuts for long cheats. Instead of typing 'moveobjects on' just type "mon' etc.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#19 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 8:14 PM
the cheats I was referring to were these::
uintProp maxTotalHumans X
uintProp maxTotalPets Y
uintProp maxTotalSims X+Y
both X and Y are positive integers.