Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Pets can't breed
Okay, so I have two unralated cats, one female one male. They each have an STR of 100 and an LTR of about 50. They Both have high relationships with one of my sims, something like 100/50. I have four sims, and two pets, plus one of my sims is pregnant (just one baby) so I should have room for 3 pets. I have several pet beds.

But when I click on my pets, there is no option to try for kittens. I put control pets on and tried to use simblender to have them have a litter, but the icon disappears before the action begins. This happens for all cats (I don't know about dogs).

So I did the usual thing and removed all cc, but the problem persists. Next I delete cache files, and lo, there is no mating. I am patched and everything. And so, in desperation, I come to the forums hoping for the wisdom of other sims veterans.

As for system specs, here they are
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.68f98
Serial Number (system): C1MHJ6XXDV13
Hardware UUID: 96F8E838-7BB4-5E57-81B2-98FFEA4324C1
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:25 AM
Pet beds have no bearing on the issue. What's required is a doghouse. Sims pets like their privacy, you know.
Site Helper
#3 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 4:23 PM
I'm not very familiar with pet breeding, but a 50 long term relationship isn't very high. Sims won't usually be willing to woohoo until they are in the 70s or 80s. Perhaps pets are the same?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 8:58 PM
Also, double check to make sure the female isn't an elder. When getting pets from pet shops, it's especially easy to accidentally create an elder pet, because that's the default age that comes up when the panel opens. I ran afoul of that once when a female cat obtained this way couldn't breed with the existing male cat. Took me awhile to figure out what the problem was, and boy was I annoyed when I did!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 10:54 PM
Well, I managed to get my male cat pregnant via simblender, so I suppose that's good enough. Thank for the help, though
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 4:48 AM
Really, no more feedback than that? Did you bring the relationship up and see if that would help? Get a doghouse, if there wasn't already one on the lot? Confirm that the female was an adult, rather than an elder? If the SimBlender didn't have the option before, what changed to make it work for the male cat?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 7:56 PM
Yeah, I got the relationship up to 100/100, bought a doghouse, made sure she wasn't an elder, and I don't think the option was new, but I didn't check for my male cat before.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 4:28 AM
Okay, so even with the relationship up, age correct, and a doghouse present for them to do the deed in, there still wasn't a Try for Kitten With... option? If that's the case, something is awry.

Might want to try pulling your CC and testing without it again. Since there wasn't (apparently) a doghouse on the lot before, testing without CC then didn't prove anything, since breeding can't happen without a doghouse anyway.

Or, just carry on with the SimBlender workaround and don't mind me.