Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 8083
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1001 (Who?), Viewed: 42422 times.
Search this Thread
Old Today, 1:54 PM #1001
Hamishmc
Lab Assistant

I've got a lot of Cities:Skylines packs when they had a sale but it just isn't the game I want. What I really wanted was a better version of SimCity 4 that didn't need to go online. I may admire the expert players but don't want to be made to feel stupid by them taking over my world. It's like those players who want to finish a game in the shortest possible time and don't enjoy the scenery on the way. I need Sims' games to be a sort of simulation solitaire for me.
Old Today, 2:48 PM #1002
Mspigglypooh
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamishmc
I've got a lot of Cities:Skylines packs when they had a sale but it just isn't the game I want. What I really wanted was a better version of SimCity 4 that didn't need to go online. I may admire the expert players but don't want to be made to feel stupid by them taking over my world. It's like those players who want to finish a game in the shortest possible time and don't enjoy the scenery on the way. I need Sims' games to be a sort of simulation solitaire for me.

That's what I worry about with competition for the sims. Will it be the game that we all truly want? Will it have a magic touch to it? Will it be online? I too like my sim games to have its own solitude. I just don't feel like this type of game needs to be online. But that's my personal opinion. I know there are simmers out there who want to play with friends. I like my town as it is and my stories as they are with no outside influence. This is what bugs me about the sims 4. I feel like I can't get MY story across because I'm constantly playing someone else's story. I miss the feeling of immersion within my sims lives. As if I were living through their stories with them. And I just can't get that from 4 without heavily modding the game. That's why a possible competitor needs to really look at all of these aspects of all different types of players and try to implement something open that we would all enjoy. It's a hard shoe to fit.
Last edited by Mspigglypooh : Today at 4:45 PM.

Section jump: