Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 4622
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2273 (Who?), Viewed: 85843 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Aug 2019, 3:51 PM #2251
sailorplanet97
Instructor

i'm doing fine, i made 3 chapters with the new tittle Tinkerbell and the strange love already,
it's on deviantart, it's just a fanfiction thing, it's my new way to keep myself busy

the old tittle was based on Leontine too but Tinkerbell was in the first cast and now with the new tittle Leontine is in the first cast with a new fairy who's in the 2nd cast (the old tittle was called Tinkerbell and the mysterious adventure with 17 chapters and i meant 17 parts) so i'll see how many parts i make this time but i'm doing good

it's sorta like the lion king 2 but in a different version without lions

Leontine is sort of like kiara and Caspar is sort of like Kovu :P

edit: i'm on part 5 already with the Tinkerbell and the strange love thing
Last edited by sailorplanet97 : 14th Aug 2019 at 4:40 PM.
Old 14th Aug 2019, 3:52 PM #2252
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Tried them. Gripe water makes her projectile vomit straight away, as did a few other colic drops. Only one that helps is Infacol, which has kept me sane for about 5 days now but today it's not working. She's finally pooped after 2 days and has finally calmed down a bit so I think the constipation was the main problem.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 14th Aug 2019, 4:54 PM #2253
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

[
I hate this crap. Years ago when Sears was still a thing I had a dude trying to get me to buy a $10 extended warranty for a $5.00 calculator. Extended warranties are nothing more than pure profit for companies. I'm not going to break something (laptop in this case) just so I can make good on the $400.00 he wanted for a 4- year plan. I understand people break laptops all the time, but my explanation that the one I bought would be in one place most of the time should have been enough. Instead he had to keep poking the issue with a stick to see if I'd bend or cave.

Last week I bought a carbinator for my soda stream. They last about a month and then I trade them out for a new one. Cost 16.01. She asked if I wanted a warranty. Really?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 14th Aug 2019, 5:13 PM #2254
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1

Last week I bought a carbinator for my soda stream. They last about a month and then I trade them out for a new one. Cost 16.01. She asked if I wanted a warranty. Really?

In hindsight, if I had my witty cap on, I would have asked him "Do you want fries with that nonsense you're trying to feed me?" However, I don't have a witty cap at the moment thanks to The Boy spreading his germs all over the place. Asking him not to cough all over the place when he's somewhere in the house other than his room apparently is too much to handle. The gift of congestion and sounding like I swallowed a bag of gravel is something I really wanted. Meh.
Old 14th Aug 2019, 6:49 PM #2255
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I would like to talk with you about my asthma. I'm interested in how yours started and whether it has gotten worse through the years. Mine has gotten SO much worse. Would you mind pm'ing me when you have a chance to tell me about it?

If you don't want to, I totally understand. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 14th Aug 2019, 7:57 PM #2256
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Quote:
I would like to talk with you about my asthma. I'm interested in how yours started and whether it has gotten worse through the years. Mine has gotten SO much worse. Would you mind pm'ing me when you have a chance to tell me about it?

I out grew asthma when I became a teenager, but suffered from respiratory issues requiring nebulizer treatment. Nowadays, my allergies are my worst enemy.

But the weird thing is I had that whole "ask your mom\dad" insanity. I'm almost 32 and this is what I got in terms of help to send a damaged DVD back to the warehouse.

My day was much crazier in the silence of the glen during the overcast.

Found a plush toy my parents got me years ago.

Added more paperboard to the paperboard bin.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Aug 2019 at 9:41 PM.
Old 15th Aug 2019, 7:39 AM #2257
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Couple of days left of annual leave. Heading to Ballarat and Melbourne for a couple of days. Time to spend some moneyzzzz

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 15th Aug 2019, 10:55 AM #2258
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:

I sent you a PM yesterday. If you didn't get it, I'll try again at some point or you can send me one, it doesn't matter. All I ask is that you keep in mind that response times are going to be wonky as I feel like total garbage and have a fever. When I get a chance to nap which isn't often because of Chica, I take it. If you want more details, I'll talk about it, it isn't a secret.
Old 15th Aug 2019, 3:08 PM #2259
HCAC
Theorist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

Gargoyle Cat--you were asking about internet/tv/cutting cord, whatever.
I have several good channels I watch about it on YT. We live outside metro NYC and moved to our own apt. a few months ago. We stopped having "real tv" years ago when we moved to Upstate NY. At the time we used the internet and I had some rabbit ears and we got along fine, along with dvds and vcr tapes from the library. I was actually homeschooling then as well. (About 7 years ago).. Anyhow, we streamed Hulu and Netflix once we move to New Hampshire and had Comcast. Again, no "real tv" as it was in the boodocks and the antenna didn't work. In 2017 I moved back to Metro NY area with our family to live with relatives. They have every bell and whistle TV and phone and all that junk. We continued to stream on our devices till we moved out. I see no use in "cable tv." as we don't like sports. Cutting the cord is getting easier every day. I now have 2 antennas (inside) and get a variety of channels and there is something called YouTube TV (limited markets) as well as Pluto TV(free). If my husband was more enthused, I could get more channels (over the air) but he thinks it's stupid (though he channel surfs).

So keep at it. Keep up with what is going on. Millions have cut the cord. I can't pay over $100 a month for "tv" that you can scour the internet/airwaves and get free.

Good luck.

I miss my beloved dog so much. RIP LUNA 12/17/18
Old 15th Aug 2019, 5:00 PM #2260
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

If you have access to Netflix and/or other similar distributors (depending on what you like to watch), you probably have what you need. You can find a lot of cooking, science, nature, etc. shows on Youtube, and they're often quite good too. For news, a lot of internet newspapers have at least some of their articles available to read for free. Basically, what you need is a stable internet connection.

We do have TV channels, but mostly for mom's entertainment. I watch most of what I'm interested in via internet, though I do have a couple channels I follow just because I don't want to subscribe to the internet option for one or two TV channels we're already paying for.
Old 15th Aug 2019, 6:26 PM #2261
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Been shopping for hair dye, hair bleach kits and supplies for bleaching\coloring my hair.

My brown roots shown up after spending time not caring for the color (I ran out of my green and pink from oVertone)

Lunar Tides sells 3 jars of color for $25 in theme packages (non package deal is $36 because each jar is $12). They sell 2 $45 packages of 6 jars of colors. Rarely do I see such discounts. Made in Portland, Oregon, this brand boasts an impressive range of color.

Old 15th Aug 2019, 6:41 PM #2262
Emmett Brown
Scholar

• I can see out of my formerly bad eye! That's nice. So far, none of the wicked side effects. I can read for long periods again.
  • Got up this morning (meeeh) look in the mirror and saw my Maxwell's Equation tee-shirt, probably because my eye wasn't all foggy. I had a physics epiphany. Rats. I'll write a note and toss it in the stack of other things to work on. One of my professors said quantum mechanics is a playground. After playing there, I see what he means.
  • Long ago I was all about robots made with McKibben air muscles and ARM microprocessors. Then I discovered the Sims; the greatest time waster in all of human history. I cudda been a Robotics contender! I look at the Boston Dynamics robots and those are epic, but all proprietary and trade secret. Most of the IEEE Robotics society journal articles are... well, they're not epic.

Sims are better than us.
Old 15th Aug 2019, 7:13 PM #2263
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

YAY! So glad your eyes are better.

@ Gargoyle Cat. I answered. Get back to me when you feel like it and that little devil dog will let you.

Old 16th Aug 2019, 7:23 AM #2264
sailorplanet97
Instructor

tired but other then that i'm fine,

i always make it look like i got to bed at like 11pm but in that meanwhile i stay up till 1 or 2 O,clock
but i was very busy to write a new scapter and that took me 3 hours, i don't know how it happened but i noticed it was near 2 O,clock when i was finally finished :o
so yes i'm tired and it's 8:23 now
Old 16th Aug 2019, 7:59 AM #2265
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Yesterday, we made fudge-caramel-peanut butter brookies. I'm talking "full-on Homer Simpson foodgasm drooling" good. I and my father worked 50/50. I assembled the batter and dough and he put it together with his homemade caramel and timed it well in the oven.

Either way, it came out great!

Old 16th Aug 2019, 8:37 AM #2266
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

It's 3:35 AM and I'm awake. Every time I roll over all the crap in my chest moves like a ocean, then I had a sneezing fit. The only good thing is my fever finally broke so there's that.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 4:35 PM #2267
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Poor thing. I'm so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 16th Aug 2019, 6:53 PM #2268
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Poor thing. I'm so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, I'll be alright.
Old 16th Aug 2019, 7:39 PM #2269
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Been drawing prototypes of the cars owned by people I saw in my dream of an automobile cross country race. It was a mix of Speed Racer (famous anime from 1967, involved a racer and his adventures to win for his family while searching for his long lost brother), Wacky Races, Redline (an anime about races with wheeled vehicles in an era of hover vehicles), Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph, Mario Kart series and and games featuring Sonic and the gang kart racing and that racing level from We Love Katamari. The people involved in that dream otherwise were me, my 20 crushes and any women attached to them either now or in the past. There were 4 possible outcome depending on who won. It would either be me, the men, the women or on the rare chance...a three way tie to be broken on a later date.

Lately, I drew how I would dress for the race and my car, Number 31 "The Green Crab". It bears some semblance of the Mach 5 in the front, but only in the back is it one pointed end, resembling a Hot Wheels car I had as a child.

The dream was worth drawing about. So I drew it.

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM #2270
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

The crap that I've been lugging around in my chest has decided to move. I won't go into details except to say that laughing triggers coughing which makes gross things happen.

We had to replace the kitchen faucet the other night; the hot water handle broke while I was doing dishes. I finished the few that were left by using a pair of pliers to turn the hot water off and on. It got the job done, but it took 10 minutes longer than it should have.

Before the faucet could be replaced, I had to get all the junk out from under the sink. Said junk is contained and easy to move, but I discovered that while it is cool to buy a case toilet paper and that kind of stuff, there are things I don't need to buy in bulk. i.e: A while back I bought a pack of microfiber cleaning cloths. I hate the feeling of microfiber, but I'm willing to suck it up and deal with it. Upon taking them out, I realized that out of the pack of 10 or whatever it was that I bought, I only use 3 or 4. When I'm done with whatever I'm using them for, they are washed and put away. This means all the other cloths now have to be washed as they've been sitting under the sink getting grungy for lack of use. Did I mention that said cloths are also white, so unless I bleach them all the time, they never look clean after awhile.

I can't be the only person that has these kinds of moments. I'm going to wash them all with bleach and if they come out looking decent, they're being donated as while I was digging in stuff, I found other microfiber cloths that A) are not white B) are bigger C) don't feel as weird as the other ones D) there is 3 of them plus one that has no fuzz which is supposed to be used on things like glass and mirrors.

KISS---> Keep It Simple, Stupid.
Old Yesterday, 6:41 PM #2271
Emmett Brown
Scholar

When I was a teenager I was in the California Cadet Corps. It's a military thing. At my rank in the Cadets, I could enlist as a sergent in the California National Guard. What guys would do then is go active Army. So, I thought I could make the military a career as I was doing quite well. But I knew the rules: my eyes were far worse than the allowable, I was 4F, and they were in no mood to grant wavers back then.
Which is why I didn't go to church today, even if to sit in the back. I know the rules, I cannot join this church.

Sims are better than us.
Old Yesterday, 7:51 PM #2272
Brunnis-2
Lab Assistant

13 Achievements

View My Journal

Today is my last day of my week off, so the return-to-work anxiety will likely kick in as soon as I try to go to sleep. So far I've been relatively okay and keeping myself busy. I always hate that first day because it alays feels like the first day on the job. Mistakes will be made left and right and everyone will get on my last nerve simply because they're not my husband, who I will spend my entire day pining for... pathetic really.

.:: B2 SIMS ::. All my creations in one place. With added brainspill.
.:: B2 SIMS: SIMBLR EDITION ::.Tumblr showcase. No frills, no spills.
.:: @B2Sims on Twitter ::.Tweet, tweet!
.:: B2 Simstagram ::. A work in progress!
Old Today, 2:28 AM #2273
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

I have grocery shopping tomorrow and detangling the cables to the Nintendo systems.

Today, I found myself writing down passwords and related info. I found myself looking through my bookmarks on my smartphone and rearranged them.

Saw a new hair dye call iroiro and it's free of harsh chemicals like PPD (which the common allergic reaction is swelling like a balloon), PEGs and Alcohol. That's just a few of the harsh chemicals.

Old Today, 2:48 AM #2274
RicoSuavecito
Field Researcher

4 Achievements

Headache, fever, swollen throat, can't walk or stand really miserable

- Sent from my iHell

Section jump: