Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3432
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1330 (Who?), Viewed: 40016 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM #1326
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

My partner's family are all talking about their plans for Mother's day. It's making me miss my brother so much. I wish he'd just contact me. I still remember a few years ago when he made a little treasure hunt round the house on Mother's day for me, leading to a loving letter, chocolate and an inflatable crown. My heart is literally broken.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old Yesterday, 1:45 PM #1327
Gargoyle Cat
Original Poster

Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Yesterday was a day of waffling. It was worth it.

I have new personal rules about watching YouTube; I broke my rule. As a result of watching a BookTuber, I found the books I was trying to find.

There is a company called Book Depository that is out of the UK. They were bought out by Amazon back in 2011 and ship everywhere. As a result of that, the cost of 'free delivery' around the world makes their books a bit more expensive, but they didn't pull a Barnes and Noble on me either.

The coolest thing about this site other than the fact that I found what I was looking for and may or may not have ordered a few other books from the same author is, they have books with UK covers and US covers. UK book covers are much more interesting to look at than US ones. This could be dangerous as I may be tempted at some point to order books I know nothing about based on their covers. Most of the books I have at the moment have black covers. Adding some color to the mix wouldn't be a bad idea. I already have a copy of Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton bookmarked. The cover is blue and fantastic. I've watched the movie many times, but I've never read the book. Yeah, I'm one of those people. A book version of a movie is better, most of the time.

Anyway, thanks to waffling and breaking my own rules, the adventure with District officer Benedict von Krall will continue. I'm looking forward to it.
Old Yesterday, 3:52 PM #1328
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Still working in process on deliberations with my parents on buying my replacement of a computer.

Because HP (the company that made Bessie II) is having a sale on a broad range of products, including customized towers, I am hoping to save $300 on the base price (original base price $2,300 reduced to $2,000). However, financially speaking, $2,000 plus tax is something I don't have. Currently in talks with my parents and I want to take advantage of the spring sale offer. $300 is a significant amount to pay off, so $300 is $300.

Update: Deal was closed. Bessie III is in build processes and I have a payment plan in place to pay back the desktop tower that be Bessie III. I know that $264 might be a little much, but the computer is worth it once I get it up and running and my games installed.

I have all 3 generations of The Sims in physical format. Personally, between physical and digital, if available, physical is my preference, especially since I work in the retrogaming circles as something of a connoisseur of audio/video entertainment. The oldest of my games is Pokémon Stadium for Nintendo 64.

Either way, with Bessie III in process, I should expect her arrival next month as she is a custom built tower, 3TB hard drive, 32GB memory. My father said "It's a frickin' monster!" (Exact words. Uncensored, from the mouth of a man who spent the first 21 years of my life working with computers, 15 of which were at Microsoft's numerous units as program manager.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 4:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 5:08 PM #1329
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
My partner's family are all talking about their plans for Mother's day. It's making me miss my brother so much. I wish he'd just contact me. I still remember a few years ago when he made a little treasure hunt round the house on Mother's day for me, leading to a loving letter, chocolate and an inflatable crown. My heart is literally broken.

I remember that, too. It was so sweet and thoughtful. It was a loving gesture.

I wish he would call you, too. I keep praying he will. I hope he's with friends and not on the streets.

How old is he now?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old Yesterday, 7:59 PM #1330
Graveyard Snowflake
Scholar

Got my meds yesterday, and braces today. Luckily, this round should only last a couple of months instead of two whole years.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Old Today, 3:40 AM #1331
sailorplanet97
Instructor

i don't feel well at all, and it's all because of the dentist from monday

yesterday i felt nauseous at night, i got that again at evening, i know what to do if it comes up again
i felt dizzy right after i took a shower, it got away after i drink coffee

my face looks a bit different, and it's the 3rd day that i sleep really bad, i get warm that i can't sleep this time

2 days ago i couldn't sleep because of a sore throat, i got 2 painkillers and could go to sleep again,

not only i'm i warm but i also have a sore teeth, i don't know what to do now, i don't even know if i should stay home again or that i'm trying to go to work in a few hours (my work starts at 9:00)
but i was going to bed half an hour earlier this time since i was tired and because of my full head

Section jump: