Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 2:12 AM
From what I can see in your picture it looks like first you have not re-sized your UV_map to fit your mesh - that is why your wings are just a tiny little part in the center of the mesh.

Second, when you change the Material Definition file for the frames to "blend" you must be sure to do it to every frames Material Definition file that you used in your .package. There are a lot of them in there, it is easy to get confused and miss some.

Every age and sex has it's own Material Definition file for each part of the "glasses" mesh, even though they all use the one texture image and alpha, so you must change all of them.

Otherwise the alpha might be working fine on for example the Elder Male, but not be used at all on the Adult Female.

So check these two things, and let me know if it fixes the problem.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Dr Pixel : 1st Jan 2006 at 3:00 AM.
Maybe this will help explain -

Here are pictures of the Butterfly Wings accessory I made -

First is the mesh itself

Next is the UV_map

Then the Alpha

The Texture image

and an in-game preview
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 7:12 PM
Woohoo! Success...finally! You were exactly right Dr. Pixel. :salute: I missed a few of the material definitions. To be more exact, I forgot to select it in the plugin view. And I hadn't remaped it in milkshape. I knew it was something I was doing! Now I just have to start tweaking my mesh. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions. You deserve a medal for all the help/information you give to the community!

Wes, you should be proud of what you've done. Your plugins allow some wonderful things to be made. Without you're hard work I would never even have tried to mesh. Plus, my problem earlier was my own fault for getting ahead of myself and not reading what the bodychop pluging was for. Things don't work when you try to use them in ways they were not designed for! The gmdc importer worked perfectly for my accessory and the bodychop plugin did the same while I was learning to edit clothes.

Now that I'm done babbling, thank you both sooooo much. I love this community because of people like you who go out of their way to help others!

Though I go to you
ceaselessly along dream paths,
the sum of those trysts
is less than a single glimpse
granted in the waking world.

-Ono no Komachi
Alchemist
#29 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Usagi-chan
Wes, you should be proud of what you've done. Your plugins allow some wonderful things to be made. Without you're hard work I would never even have tried to mesh. Plus, my problem earlier was my own fault for getting ahead of myself and not reading what the bodychop pluging was for. Things don't work when you try to use them in ways they were not designed for! The gmdc importer worked perfectly for my accessory and the bodychop plugin did the same while I was learning to edit clothes.

Seeing what talented artists can actually do is my recompense for the work. Your mesge of appreciation doesn't hurt my ego, either.
The BodyChop plugins were an experiment and a learning experience for all of us. My next release, due soon, will use the same set for body/clothing and ordinary meshes in one package, plus a whole lot of improvements.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 9:29 PM
Dr Pixel,
I meant to tell you that I love your butterfly wings. I actually subscribed to TSR to get them. I have a *little* wing addiction! I just didn't think to look at the files. Plus I always feel better when I have some directions. Thanks again for all your help.

Wes,
I'll be looking forward to the next release! It sounds great!

Though I go to you
the sum of those trysts

-Ono no Komachi
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:53 PM
Default trouble with glasses
I have tried several times to alter a pair of glasses.
I have followed all the directions exactly, but when I try to import my file into Milkshape, I get the following message.

WARN:Unhandled Data type 0x89d92ba0 (bumpmap data) skipped
WARN:Unhandled Data type 0x89d92ba0 (bumpmap data) skipped

I'm using the recommended versions of SimPE and Milkshape and have the Sims 2 GMDC importer plugin V2.6.
I learned from Dr. Pixel (who I think is a genuis) how to correctly link the files.
So, what am I doing wrong?
Also, do I need to assign vertices when I am simply altering an existing mesh and not creating any new vertices?

I would appreciate any help,
linniesue
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:22 AM Last edited by Usagi-chan : 14th Jan 2006 at 4:30 AM. Reason: found better info
I'll preface this by saying that I am no expert, so my explanations may not be clear or exactly right. But I believe that the reason your getting this message (and I get it too btw, I think everyone does) is that milkshape does not import bumpmaps. Or maybe the GMDC importer doesn't, I can't remember which, but I really believe it's Milkshape.This thread talks about BodyChop and bumpmaps http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=120320
Different import plugin, I know, but since they're both made by Wes_h the issues may be similar. It looks like the importer may not handle bumpmaps. Just ignore it and make your mesh. I do and so far everthing shows up fine.
I'm not sure about the vertices. I think that the original assignments are retained. You might try checking the existing assignments in Milkshape. Also, check Wes's thread for the GMDC importer. Someone may have asked a similar question there.
Hope I helped a little.
Usagi-chan

Though I go to you
the sum of those trysts

-Ono no Komachi
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 8:39 PM
Thanks,
I have actually been ignoring the warning lately because it happens every time, glad to know it is normal. I still can't get the glasses to change, but I will check into the thread you mentioned.
Thank again,
linniesue
Page 2 of 2