Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 9366
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 534 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th Feb 2019, 4:49 AM DefaultChanging Lot from Residential to Community #1
kathcberg91
Original Poster

Test Subject

Hi, I recently started a new hood, and converted two residential lots to community lots, placed down the proper things needed for a community lot (taxi phone & community lot trashcan) & got rid of the mailbox & trashcan, with only one problem: the lots look... different.
It's difficult to explain, but the lots aren't actually blue like normal community lots, they just look like a dark green stain on my hood. I'm wondering if it's a sign of corruption (does simply changing lot types cause corruption? With my luck, probably), or if it's just something harmless.

Here is the image if needed (https://imgur.com/m93Bo5K) - the regular community lot circled in blue, and the lot I changed from residential to community in red.

Thanks!
Old 19th Feb 2019, 5:22 AM #2
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

You did the change zoning cheat, saved and exited to the hood? Because no, the dark green one is still zoned residential.

changeLotzoning community

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Last edited by joandsarah77 : 19th Feb 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 7:55 AM #3
aelflaed
Theorist

15 Achievements

The dark green means the lot has been saved (freshly-placed residential lot templates are light green). But, as joandsarah says, it is still zoned as residential.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 10:35 AM #4
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

To confirm whether a lot has been zoned residential or community, just click on it from neighborhood view. The info box for a residential lot will say "For Sale" at the top of it. The info box for a community lot will say Community Lot at the top and have a picture of a taxi. This is for base neighborhoods and "shopping districts". Results may vary in other types of neighborhoods (vacation destination, university campus, etc.)
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  ResidentialLotInfoBox.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  30.2 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  CommunityLotInfoBox.jpg
Size:  40.0 KB  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 12:56 AM #5
mdsb759
Alchemist

as far as I recall, community lots have the same top line (and same image) in any neighborhood type.

in universities, top line for regular residentials is "For Rent".
in downtowns, it is same as main neighborhood and shopping districts.
do not remember for vacation destinations.

for any zoning type the general steps are as follows::
1. build the lot.
2. do the lot zoning cheat; changeLotzoning [lot type].
3. save lot then exit.
4. re-enter lot then save.
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:31 AM #6
kathcberg91
Original Poster

Test Subject

Thanks! I've done all of the steps, and it is listed as a community lot, the only change seems to be the appearance. I don't mind it, my only concern is whether or not it may cause corruption/problems in the future. Thanks for the help!

pictures:
https://imgur.com/TjnKZjr
https://imgur.com/ovYIPHL
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:35 AM #7
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

No, there is definitely something wrong there. Community lots need to be blue, residential lots green. I would bulldoze and do them again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old 20th Feb 2019, 10:57 AM #8
RoxEllen1965
Alchemist

Once the lot has been saved, it will turn that dark color in neighborhood view. Any vacant lot that has been saved will look like that regardless of what the zoning is. You won't see the residential green or community blue color unless you move the mouse cursor onto the lot.

I put down two identically sized vacant lots from the "empty lot" section of the lot catalog - one residential and one community. I entered and saved both and took a screenshot from neighborhood view. The only visible difference at this point is that the residential lot has a mailbox and residential trash can while the community lot has a public phone and public trash can. The green or blue colors will only show up if I mouse over those lots.

kathcberg91's screenshots look perfectly normal to me.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  SavedVacantLots.jpg
Size:  124.6 KB  
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:20 PM #9
kathcberg91
Original Poster

Test Subject

Awesome, thank you!
Old 20th Feb 2019, 10:12 PM #10
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Oh, that's okay then, I thought it wasn't showing up blue.

~Call me Jo~

Section jump: