Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I'll always remember years ago when Seasons first came out and I had a nanny who would randomly combust every few minutes. Occasionally setting alight the kids she was looking after.

The reason why the fire engine caught fire was that the cleanbot combusted when it was trying to suck up all the piles of burning ash, and then it malfunctioned and coughed rubbish into the road... which of course created a path of flammable things leading to the fire engine.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:01 PM
I always have a farming family. I love having a family go from nothing to everything due to their own hard work. Helps me feel a little more connected rather then sending them away for a portion of the day.
Alchemist
#28 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:13 AM
I played a farming town once and I really liked it. I'm slowly implementing it in my regular hood--oh, I guess this is a game cliche! So for all my hoods I've switched to empty fridges and vehicles cost money to drive. Other than a few exceptions/bouts of laziness, everyone in my hood needs a car to travel outside their hood/suburb. As for the farming, I wanna switch over to an integrated style of play, where everyone in the hood buys food from a farmer or grows food themselves, but I don't want every household to have a large garden, so I'm still setting it up. Right now I just make everyone go to the store to pick up groceries and try to limit getting them delivered.

And if we're sharing our More Dangerous Fires stories, well, I've got some. I use that and Weekly Arsonist Burglar as well, which makes the burglar not only come more often, but also set fires. I'll say it's a combo that's not for the fainthearted or absentminded.

After all that, I'm a little scared to try the No Instant Firefighter & Cop, but I'm curious now, so we'll see how it goes.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 4:57 AM
Oh hey that forest fire's like BC in the summer thanks to Climate Change! Yay?

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 11:33 AM
Let me see:

- Most of my adult male sims (roughly 90%) have some sort of facial hair or stuble.
- Several of my sims run bussiness (because I love OFB) or live of the land (farming, fishing, etc).
- Often I create an hermit-like sim that lives on the outskirt of the 'Hood with a pet and avoid contact with other sims at all costs (it's surprisingly fun to play if the hermit is a knowledge sim), unless the 'hood is too urban for that.
- All my hoods have or will have love triangles (or love pentagons in the extreme cases) which sometimes, thanks to ACR, I didn't even intentionally started.
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rguerra
Let me see:

- Most of my adult male sims (roughly 90%) have some sort of facial hair or stuble.
- Several of my sims run bussiness (because I love OFB) or live of the land (farming, fishing, etc).
- Often I create an hermit-like sim that lives on the outskirt of the 'Hood with a pet and avoid contact with other sims at all costs (it's surprisingly fun to play if the hermit is a knowledge sim), unless the 'hood is too urban for that.
- All my hoods have or will have love triangles (or love pentagons in the extreme cases) which sometimes, thanks to ACR, I didn't even intentionally started.

I have all of these, too! Is your hermit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the edge of the map? Do you use VC to keep everyone from visiting?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I have all of these, too! Is your hermit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the edge of the map? Do you use VC to keep everyone from visiting?

Currently I have two 'hood, Wolfsbane Hills (which is too urban for a hermit) and Point Hope, the later is set in an island inspired by the real life Fidalgo Island and the hermit lives in another, much smaller, island which is northwest from Point Hope, near the edge of the map. And yes, I use the Visitor Controller to keep everyone (including mail deliverer/newspaper deliverer) from his lot on the island. The beach on his island (the only other lot on it) is sometimes visited by the local fisherman and the oceanographist, but that's it, they don't get into the woods where he lives (and there's also a VC on the beach so nobody except the active sim(s) appears there). The hermit also has a Simlogical's prisoner tag in his inventory, so he don't spawn on the lots in the main island.
Alchemist
#33 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rguerra
Currently I have two 'hood, Wolfsbane Hills (which is too urban for a hermit) and Point Hope, the later is set in an island inspired by the real life Fidalgo Island and the hermit lives in another, much smaller, island which is northwest from Point Hope, near the edge of the map. And yes, I use the Visitor Controller to keep everyone (including mail deliverer/newspaper deliverer) from his lot on the island. The beach on his island (the only other lot on it) is sometimes visited by the local fisherman and the oceanographist, but that's it, they don't get into the woods where he lives (and there's also a VC on the beach so nobody except the active sim(s) appears there). The hermit also has a Simlogical's prisoner tag in his inventory, so he don't spawn on the lots in the main island.

Fun! I hid my Travellers' camp among hood deco trees near a river. A pain to build on, but off the beaten path and it looks cool. I also tried to create a hood with just Rod Humble in it (he's the last man on earth because the computers he delivered had a virus that jumped to humans...), but a few spawned before I stopped them, a few survivors.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 2:27 PM
*Loads up a family*

So where did we left of? ...
*frustation intensifies* Ugh, I keep losing track of progression.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
*Loads up a family*

So where did we left of? ...
*frustation intensifies* Ugh, I keep losing track of progression.

That's why I add two slots to my sims' bios: short term plans and long term plans. Short term is like what I'll do next rotation, long term is by the time they age up or die depending on their personalities. For sims who are genuinely stuck I'll give them hedonistic short term plans (keep attention of xyz sim, party hard) and no long term plan, it's like method acting I want to be as lost as they are when I load up the house.
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:23 PM
I always try to get a few sim's abducted, and those children are the only ones that can have same-sex pregnancies, even if its like 5 gens after the last alien was born. I just figure, if aliens in the base game can make same-sex babies, it should carry on you know?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I love that idea. In my current hood I currently have some Aliens moving in (as in CAS created alien Sims I treat as extraterrestrial immigrants rather than alien-sim hybrids) and I was struggling with ideas for what unique aspect they could contribute to SIm society; and now I know it, one of them will spread alien technology enabling same-sex reproduction among Simkind
Do you use same-sex reproduction mods or do you impregnate same-sex couples with the pregnancy adjuster?

I use Inteenimater, which I originally got to allow teen pregnancy but love for all the other reproductive twists it allows!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubble101
My favourite thing to play with is genetics and breeding my sims, but I also have same sex couples in my hood. Therefore, I have a storyline which restarts in every new neighbourhood. One Sim belongs to the custom Geneticist career path. If they get promoted high enough, they can open a fertility clinic for female sims to have children with eachother.
Male sims are a little trickier - the geneticist also has to work out how male pregnancy works. Therefore, they need to study a pregnant victim of alien abduction to see how it all works. They also need to reach the top of their career path before they are able to impregnate a male sim.
In my current hood they have reached all of these goals, and one of my Sims did run a fertility clinic. There have now been two babies born to a female couple and two born to a male couple. However, the geneticist has passed away and I don't have anyone else working that career path at the moment, so no more same sex babies until someone comes along and learns the trade so they can understand his notes. It was a lifetime of research for him and I look forward to seeing what his successors achieve!

I'm also considering making it compulsory to have a doctor in the hood to carry out the actual procedures in future. And making a few more career based rules because I quite enjoy having neighbourhood needs to fill - it's fun to have goals to work to outside of individual sims/households.

I have a similar set up in Strangetown.
It started with Circe and Loki, with funding from General Buzz Grunt to look into alien genetics. They're still in the earlier years, with Nervous & Pascal being the only same-sex couple to currently have a baby genetically related to both of them, merely because Pascal had already been pregnant before. My theory is, if they can be impregnated by an alien, in the future they will then be impregnated by males AND impregnate females. A lot of testing has been done in a secret lab on the far right of Strangetown, which is usually where alien children born to families who are not willing to move to strangetown (as the hood has a strict "no aliens outside of strangetown" rule) live and basically get tested on. Research hasn't been very promising yet, as the oldest alien-hybrids have only just become teenagers, and the sim-government still aren't sure how to even test it out. I haven't even fully decided whether hybrid-alien sims will be able to impregnate males, or maybe if they're males will they be able to be impregnated? but I figure they're about a generation or so away from figuring out male/male couples having biological children, but then it might take them just as long for female/female couples.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 9:16 PM
I played Pleasantview several times and thinking about it: This whole town is already a cliche at the beginning. I mean PV has so many characters, which are found in a classical drama serious and I love it. What I always do:
- Don leaves Cassandra at the altar (it's the easiest way of breaking them up and it fits into the story, because Don has commitment issues)
- Dina marries Mortimer (gold digger cliche)
- Nina stays single and has a child with Don
- Brandis third son is named Skip or Bobby
- Daniel cheats on Mary-Sue with the maid, gets caught and she divorces him (I love the dysfunctional family cliche)
- Don has children with three different woman (womanizer and his kids look cute :lovestruc )
- The Oldies who are a nice elderly couple
Forum Resident
#40 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 9:15 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 25th Feb 2019 at 5:22 AM.
Genetics. I like trying to preserve recessive genes through pairings. Like eye colors, specific features, hair color. I also invent my own, like certain families have a curly hair gene so I select curly hair styles for some of them, or glasses run in families, or baldness.

Big families, interracial families. Fall out from unplanned pregnancies- both positive and negative. Creating social structures and then having some sims break the rules.

I'm also kind of getting into a lot of blended families lately. I have one family where the couple had 3 kids, divorced, the father had a one-night-stand and she got pregnant with twins, then both the mother and father remarried and had more kids. Their first 3 kids have 9 other siblings (5 for dad, 4 for mom). I have another family where the parents had 3 sons very young. They broke up, then both found new partners, and both had babies with their partners at the same time that one of their sons had a baby with his girlfriend. So the son became a father and had 2 sisters born all at the same time. It's fun to add the dynamic that sometimes, not every couple works out for non-scandalous reasons, and they can all move on and find happiness with a new person.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 11:27 PM
I think my cliche number one is that all my teens end up in college. It is a better place than our world and they can all afford it somehow. Since I'm a sucker for genetics they found their families rather soon after graduating and fulfill their hobbies etc. later in life. I have a ten year gap in my history of playing, but there are some things I did the same before the long pause without knowing it. Reagan and Cornwall naming their child after a gemstone, Nina being Don's endgame, Dina not being the typical gold digger and making Mortimer actually happy, Jennifer cheating on John with a woman because I detest the "Poor Family Sim doesn't get another kid because of the mean Fortune wife/husband"-trope (Guess what hapened to the Aspir and Bell-couples... So much divorces in so little time) and Beatrice married Tybalt for the third time since I own that game now, because I think the feud is stupid and their chemistry is outstanding when she inherits her mother's aspiration. :lovestruc

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#42 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HubbaHop
I detest the "Poor Family Sim doesn't get another kid because of the mean Fortune wife/husband"-trope (Guess what hapened to the Aspir and Bell-couples... So much divorces in so little time)

Huh, I never saw the Bell family like that.
Though, I did feel like Hannah wanted a daughter to teach ballet to. Daniel, and his younger brother Alex both took after Isaac. She had a daughter later in life though, Marie-Anna Bell. I never took her lack of more children as Daniel not wanting anymore, just that there wasn't much space in the house with Sharon living there too.

The Aspir's were 'blessed' with triplets and then an "oopsie-baby". Maybe I should've taken your route and not put Elizabeth through that

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 2 of 2