Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Pick your weapon of choice!
Blender
24 13.04%
Milkshape
73 39.67%
Wings3d
16 8.70%
3dsmax
35 19.02%
Lightwave
4 2.17%
Maya
16 8.70%
Other (tell me which one)
16 8.70%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Alchemist
#51 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The only drawback is that Wings doesn't manages the bones at all. And therefore, every now and then, I have to use Milkshape in order to assign the vertices to the bones, when the mesh is ready.

I have a special question. When you import your Wings model (in what? .obj?) do you need to rotate it, or does it come in "right-side" up?
I have a new unreleased set of plugins for an as yet unreleased version of MilkShape that allows vertices to be assigned to bones by selecting the vertex or vertices and assigning the bone. It supports up to 3 bones assignments with corresponding skin weights (expressed in whole percentages, not floating point fractions).
In the past, I provided a special option to convert coordinates from XYZ to TS2's -XZY format. I have eliminated that option.
Comments?
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:02 PM Last edited by jalla : 5th Mar 2007 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Edited in Houdini
This is what I use for the sims2:

Maya 8.5 unlimited
3ds max 9
Motionbuilder 7.5
Autocad 2007

Houdini Master 8.1 Final for animation (17000$ >.<)

For sound I use Finale 2007

For the textures I use Photoshop CS2
Photoshop CS3
Kaldera ( a certified plug in for Maya ).

For the game i make, I use these products from Autodesk:

Maya 8.5 unlimited
3ds max 9
Motionbuilder 7.5
Autocad 2007

For sound I use Finale 2007

For the textures I use Photoshop CS2
Photoshop CS3
Kaldera ( a certified plug in for Maya ).

I`ve spent around 33200$ on 3d software ( not counting MotionBuilder ( I couldn`t find the price at Autodesk`s site))
Page 3 of 3