Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 6264
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 7096 (Who?), Viewed: 290764 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Mar 2019, 5:23 PM #7076
FranH
Mad Poster

I found that the new kleptomaniac trait (and it's mod to make it autonomous) is pretty fun when you have two of the same type on a lot. They'll spend their time scamming one another and others, stealing and restealing back their ill-gotten gains.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 17th Mar 2019, 6:41 PM #7077
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
The "Easter Island" heads came with Seasons. One of them is located on the small island at the mouth of the river in Riverblossom Hills.

The Strangetown head has glasses. From some angles it's easily mistaken for a round bolder with moss on top.

I don't know what Will looks like: glasses and moss?

Namaste
Old 17th Mar 2019, 6:42 PM #7078
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
Apparently you can eyedropper a skill bar. Not sure what happens when you do--I was worried the game would crash.

So have you found out if it does anything?

Namaste
Old 17th Mar 2019, 6:45 PM #7079
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Sorry for all the posts; now for MINE:
I figured out the answer to my question about calling in sick; what happens if you call in sick every day? Sim called in sick 3 days in a row and got;" Did you think you could fool me with that fake coughing? You're fired!"
But now I'm wondering if Sim will still be fired if call in every-other day..

Namaste
Old 17th Mar 2019, 7:10 PM #7080
Rosebine
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

You could always test it, and not save at the end of your said days of testing.
Talking about call in sick...I always had the same answer : *You don't look fine, stay home and keep your vacation day...* But my Sims were never sick when they called. Mostly, I was making them call in sick because they were too tired to go.
The ONE day my Sim is actually coughing and sick for real...I received a different answer : Stay home, but we'll take that vacation day* I was like..hey!!!!
Never had that fired answer as of yes, needless to say..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi fran├žais !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Old 17th Mar 2019, 9:45 PM #7081
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I've got the T&A exp on my computer. Do you want me to walk you through it? Or maybe @Chris Hatch can help?

OmG, I would LOVE your help. I posted on the help section before I even started and no one was dumb, err, sweet enough to volunteer. PM when you are ready to suffer, err, I mean start.

Thanks again! :3

EDIT: @ Rosebine, I once had a guy fired when he called in sick. He was laughing a lot when he did, though. And it's only happened once in all these years.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 18th Mar 2019, 1:15 AM #7082
Annorah
Field Researcher

Um, this TV has... a name... and it shows up just like a Sim's?

Old 18th Mar 2019, 1:20 AM #7083
Pideli
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

How come all sim portraits (+wants) are in the same pose?

Simland's Next Top Model - Cycle 2 Part III is out!
Old 18th Mar 2019, 1:37 AM #7084
Fyren5
Instructor

I think it's a portrait Mod, it could be this one: http://modthesims.info/d/609265/static-ui-poses.html
Old 18th Mar 2019, 2:18 AM #7085
Annorah
Field Researcher

What they said
Old 18th Mar 2019, 2:46 AM #7086
Pideli
Forum Resident

8 Achievements

Aha... I don't see the point in that.

Simland's Next Top Model - Cycle 2 Part III is out!
Old 18th Mar 2019, 2:53 AM #7087
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Fortunately, you don't have to.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 18th Mar 2019, 3:37 AM #7088
Annorah
Field Researcher

What she said
Old 18th Mar 2019, 5:16 PM #7089
Boosterbear
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
So have you found out if it does anything?

Nothing happens, it's like trying to eyedropper the pillars on the column deck or a sim

I learned Sims can get rejected for WooHoo and get a unique memory afterwards

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Last edited by Boosterbear : 18th Mar 2019 at 8:31 PM.
Old 19th Mar 2019, 4:37 AM #7090
Devon Aster
Instructor

Bahahahaha, well... I've just learned that if a sim gets rejected on "Ask Back To My Place", the date immediately ends. Camryn Cooke, wife of Julien Cooke, has been cheating on her husband since the first moment she was out of my control and I've just been running with it. Her current goal is to get ten different lovers. She had asked Bruce Rauscher out on a date and he was giving her some mixed signals. So she tried to coax him back to the townhouse, where she might have a little more luck. But no dice. Bruce declined the offer . Even so, it still ended as a "great date".
Old 19th Mar 2019, 5:57 AM #7091
JDacapo
Alchemist

I learned that my groups.cache file was corrupt and needed to be deleted. I was trying to run Sims 2, and it wouldn't cooperate - it'd start to load up for a few seconds (was watching the Resource Monitor which I like to have open at all times) and then disappear. At first I thought I'd need to repair the game, but nope - just had to delete groups.cache and accessory.cache.
Old 19th Mar 2019, 7:31 AM #7092
inspiredzone
Field Researcher

4 Achievements

I remember I had an old mod for the static portraits way back in the early days, and one EP (Seasons, I think?) made it incompatible. So when I first entered my game after installing, everyone's portraits were seizing non-stop.
Old 19th Mar 2019, 9:58 AM #7093
JDacapo
Alchemist

Static? How do you mean 'static portraits'?
Old 19th Mar 2019, 10:56 AM #7094
Sims2Christain
Forum Resident

The UI portraits poses constantly change after changing clothes after a certain EP which they didn't do so in the base game. Can't remember the EP that brought that feature or bug in but static portrait mods prevent a new pose from being generated every time a sim changes clothing category ie from causal to PJs or swimwear to gymwear.

In inspiredzones case a sim probably walked outside with seasons, the mod inspiredzones had used wasn't updated for that new coding and so error spammed, throwing a tantrum.
At least thats my understanding of the probable cause.

Had the same issue recently due to a different problem.
Its funny for 10 seconds, then its just annoying.
Last edited by Sims2Christain : Yesterday at 4:00 AM.
Old Yesterday, 9:29 PM #7095
Amura
Forum Resident

24 Achievements

Oh, the Criminal career reward can break! Ok, I guess it's not so surprising, because it's a machine after all, but I found it amusing.
One of my Sims repaired it, but now that I think of it... it would have been funny to hire a repairman to fix this sort of not-so-legal stuff.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  repair.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  108.8 KB  
Old Today, 3:09 AM #7096
StrangeTownChick
Scholar

7 Achievements

"So, uh, what's this thing do, anyways?"
"Don't worry about it. Just fix it."

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Old Today, 5:22 AM #7097
JDacapo
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
"So, uh, what's this thing do, anyways?"
"Don't worry about it. Just fix it."

"Yeah it certainly doesn't do anything to destroy the economy the way the Bush Administration did..."

Section jump: