Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1417
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 19341 (Who?), Viewed: 484499 times.
Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 7:14 PM #19326
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

A list of challenges that are quick (not more than 1 generation), maybe even funny/quirky?

Namaste
Old Yesterday, 7:27 PM #19327
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
A list of challenges that are quick (not more than 1 generation), maybe even funny/quirky?

I like mine. Definitely quick and quirky and super fun. https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...lypse-challenge
Old Yesterday, 7:30 PM Defaulta thanks to Sunrader #19328
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty_2004
There's also that really big traits mod, and one of the TS3 traits is kleptomaniac. Since there's already a steal interaction in TS2 it probably works with that to allow Sims with the klepto trait to pilfer things. I had a kleptomaniac Sim in TS3 and he'd rip stuff off of community lots, and it came in especially handy in a town where I had got rid of all the Sims and a lot of empty houses with stuff in the yards were just sitting there. He even stole a car from one of those houses once. If the traits mod is anything like it works for TS3 it would probably be slightly more realistic than enabling buy/build mode on community lots.

===========
Speaking of the new "traits" project. YA in college will "visit campus" and come back with ANYTHING! All by themselves! And, gee, no money was spent. Seems like that shop lifting routine could be made into something, like a token, which would actually MAKE A SIM a klepto!
====================
SUNRADER!!! Yes, zombies! How delicious of you!

Namaste
Last edited by grammapat : Yesterday at 7:49 PM.
Old Yesterday, 7:39 PM #19329
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Except that the "visit campus" option is only available to Greek members on Greek house lots, and the range of options available is tied to the level of the house, so the code is unlikely to be easy to personalize.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 7:53 PM #19330
grammapat
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Sorry double posting but: Penigriffin
I kiss your collective noses, oh creator of offensive beautitude in so many hoods you have created/worked on!! But I hope you are wrong about making a klepto token...someday...by someone.

Namaste
Old Yesterday, 8:50 PM #19331
Phantomknight
Inventor

1 Achievements

Well, if you want to go the "leave the lot and come back with random crap" route, there's also the gnome stealing interaction to look at. Sims leave the lot at night with that and come back with the gnome in their inventory. And that reminds me of hiking--another interaction where sims leave the lot and can possibly come back with something, that being bugs.

So considering all that, I think it would be theoretically possible to make an interaction where sims leave the lot and come back with stuff if they have the klepto trait or some other signifier. You could also make it so that there's a set list of stuff that the sim can come back with, and then make that customizable. As in sims with more skills have better chances to bring back stuff/better items.

From what I've seen in the mods I've looked at, I think this would be possible, but I've no idea how you'd go about it.

Again I wish there was a stupid random modding questions thread, where simmers could ask others in the community how to do & go about stuff.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"| Used to be known as Kelyns, but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old Yesterday, 9:11 PM #19332
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

13 Achievements

Isn't that what the forums under "Modding" are for?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM #19333
Phantomknight
Inventor

1 Achievements

I guess, but I was thinking more of a quick question and answer thread. So many threads under Modding seem to have no answers, and I'm never sure if that's cuz no one knows/it's impossible, or if it's cuz the right eyes haven't seen it.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"| Used to be known as Kelyns, but you can call me KB.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM #19334
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

Is it possible to change the rate of learning of Bon Voyage skills? or does that fall into no one know if that can be modded territory? (What I mean is based on if the Sim has the Adventurous trait object in their inventory, is it possible to make a mod that would let them learn Bon Voyage skills faster like the greetings, the massages and so on. My thinking is that if a Sim is Adventurous they are more willing to learn new skills in when they are on vacation. ) I don't know anything about modding so I have no idea if its possible and no idea where to ask.
Old Today, 12:18 AM #19335
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Well, if you want to go the "leave the lot and come back with random crap" route, there's also the gnome stealing interaction to look at. Sims leave the lot at night with that and come back with the gnome in their inventory. And that reminds me of hiking--another interaction where sims leave the lot and can possibly come back with something, that being bugs.

So considering all that, I think it would be theoretically possible to make an interaction where sims leave the lot and come back with stuff if they have the klepto trait or some other signifier. You could also make it so that there's a set list of stuff that the sim can come back with, and then make that customizable. As in sims with more skills have better chances to bring back stuff/better items.

From what I've seen in the mods I've looked at, I think this would be possible, but I've no idea how you'd go about it.

Again I wish there was a stupid random modding questions thread, where simmers could ask others in the community how to do & go about stuff.

I'm sure Midge could do that. They also leave the lot and bring random crap back at Greek houses in UNI.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 2:08 AM #19336
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Quote:
I guess, but I was thinking more of a quick question and answer thread. So many threads under Modding seem to have no answers, and I'm never sure if that's cuz no one knows/it's impossible, or if it's cuz the right eyes haven't seen it.

I find the modding forum really hard to navigate and find things in, too. Why isn't it organized like the rest of the forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Is it possible to change the rate of learning of Bon Voyage skills? or does that fall into no one know if that can be modded territory? (What I mean is based on if the Sim has the Adventurous trait object in their inventory, is it possible to make a mod that would let them learn Bon Voyage skills faster like the greetings, the massages and so on. My thinking is that if a Sim is Adventurous they are more willing to learn new skills in when they are on vacation. ) I don't know anything about modding so I have no idea if its possible and no idea where to ask.

This is probably pretty easy. Just tuning, changing constants in the BCONs to speed up skilling, right?
Old Today, 2:14 AM #19337
Orilon
Alchemist

4 Achievements

Where do I find those BCONs?
Old Today, 2:35 AM #19338
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Switching universities? Is that the same as switching hoods or it safe? I just saw Sim Supply move his sim from Sim State over to the desert hood uni. I can't seem to find anything on that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 2:43 AM #19339
Phantomknight
Inventor

1 Achievements

Switching universities in the same hood should be ok--both are part of the same main hood, after all.

Orilon, no idea; you'll probably have to look for it in the objects.package.

Old Today, 2:47 AM #19340
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

30 Achievements

View My Journal

Yeah, that's true. I didn't even know it was a thing. Obviously something I never tried.

~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 3:01 AM #19341
Devon Aster
Forum Resident

Quote:

I've had hiking sims come back with actual objects, such the sunflowers in the vase or the apple statue. They also have a chance of meeting other sims. I once had a hiking sim meet a toddler of all people!
Old Today, 3:11 AM #19342
Sunrader
Top Secret Researcher

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Where do I find those BCONs?

If you look at this with SimPE, you can see what I mean - the way this was done is to change the BCONs. It's for different skills, but it would work the same way for the ones you want to change. http://modthesims.info/d/329089/stu...lls-faster.html

Section jump: