Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3531
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3013 (Who?), Viewed: 168834 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Mar 2019, 12:20 PM #3001
eskie227
One Minute Ninja'd

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Slightly, they say?

At least they remembered it existed.
Old 14th Mar 2019, 2:18 PM #3002
Mspigglypooh
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
At least they remembered it existed.

More like they remember how much people loved it and tried to use it to their advantage 🤑💰💸 ROFL!
Old 14th Mar 2019, 5:03 PM #3003
Goldbear
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
More like they remember how much people loved it and tried to use it to their advantage 🤑💰💸 ROFL!

Exactly.

Look at the advertising for the pack- references to Bella Goth, mentions of the crater.

Reality was nothing to do with Bella Goth and the story was defeating a giant cow plant, talking to people and clicking the ground a lot.
Old 14th Mar 2019, 11:37 PM #3004
Liza
Field Researcher

The difference in the very principle of building a story. If in Strangetown even after playing for all residents, then it becomes even more interesting for you to know what is happening here. The feeling of mystery does not disappear - it only increases. In Sims 4, after defeating a plant, there is nothing else in the town. This is an ordinary town in the desert. Even the game writes about this at the end of the story.
Old 14th Mar 2019, 11:40 PM
Liza
This message has been deleted by Liza.
Old 14th Mar 2019, 11:56 PM #3005
Jo-Anne
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbear
I heard they are making StrangerVille: The Movie as apparently the story is just that good..

Can’t wait
Old 15th Mar 2019, 12:31 AM #3006
Goldbear
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne
Can’t wait

In Hollywood, actors are fighting over who gets to play Rodiek (who of course would have to be the lead because it’s his story)
Old 15th Mar 2019, 10:40 AM #3007
Apsalar
Scholar

7 Achievements

Quote:
In Hollywood, actors are fighting over who gets to play Rodiek (who of course would have to be the lead because it’s his story)

This is the most brilliant comment. As the kids say: 'I'm dying'

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Last edited by Apsalar : 15th Mar 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 15th Mar 2019, 12:29 PM #3008
Goldbear
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
This is the most brilliant comment. As the kids say: 'I'm dying'

Why thank you. I probably shouldn’t give them ideas though.
Strangerville: The Movie, starring:

Rodiek as the annoying, smug, protagonist. Acting experience required: none. (He does of course get his comeuppance at the end of the movie)
Sim Guru Kate as the lecturing side kick who gives anyone and everyone an earful who dares to criticise the Mother or the annoying protagonist. She has a downfall when she fails to protect a townsperson from one of the possessed. Will the town forgive her or feed her to the Mother?
Sim Guru Graham as the loveable comic role.

Obligatory dog role. Has to be an annoying, small, yappy dog. Must like hot dog costumes and of course cannot under any circumstances have a dog house.

The Yibs can play the Possessed. ( no acting required) Bigger yibs fighting it out for speaking parts.

Movie budget is low obviously. The Mother is to be played by a person with green face paint and a plant suit. Basically whoever doesn’t like Rodiek that day. Form an orderly queue.

All coming to your nearest bargain shop- straight to dvd. (Even Netflix wont touch that crap)

Gurus: if you are reading this: Please don’t.

Shudders at thought of Rodiek on the big screen
Old 15th Mar 2019, 12:39 PM #3009
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:

Rodiek as the annoying, smug, protagonist. Acting experience required: none. (He does of course get his comeuppance at the end of the movie)
Sim Guru Kate as the lecturing side kick who gives anyone and everyone an earful who dares to criticise the Mother or the annoying protagonist. She has a downfall when she fails to protect a townsperson from one of the possessed. Will the town forgive her or feed her to the Mother?

Obligatory dog role. Has to be an annoying, small, yappy dog. Must like hot dog costumes and of course cannot under any circumstances have a dog house.

The Yibs can play the Possessed. ( no acting required) Bigger yibs fighting it out for speaking parts.

Movie budget is low obviously. The Mother is to be played by a person with green face paint and a plant suit. Basically whoever doesn’t like Rodiek that day. Form an orderly queue.

All coming to your nearest bargain shop- straight to dvd. (Even Netflix wont touch that crap)

Can anyone please make this free machinima in The Sims #whatever? Oh, I know a perfect job for this one... (Or could be in novel form by) EmberDahl. Honestly, If he wasn't honest and didn't make a piss, he would been a better candidate (or as much as I hate to say it a temporal game changer role) for being the author and took the spin for writing a better than Grant's lame story for this latest game pack.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Mar 2019 at 1:09 PM.
Old 15th Mar 2019, 2:23 PM #3010
Jo-Anne
Field Researcher

Quote:

I’d actually go to that movie
Old 19th Mar 2019, 8:10 AM #3011
Mspigglypooh
Field Researcher

So I was gifted a bundle by a family member and finally dug into Strangerville and I can now see exactly what everyone's been talking about... And this is ridiculous...
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 9:23 PM #3012
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...877291113709568
Quote:
Oh that’s cool! I think Strangerville will have a pretty positive reception. The YouTube trailers alone had a large reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In response by "the annoying, smug, protagonis"
Not *will*, but *had*. It's going great! <3

Yes it had, because yibs speak for everyone. Thank you guys, we wouldn't have him tweeting without your pats on him. He has now the option to do "Very happy pee" on the toilet for a moodlet "Snob" buff.

Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Mar 2019 at 9:34 PM.
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 10:23 PM #3013
DeservedCriticism
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Yes it had, because yibs speak for everyone.

Slightly off-topic but this is a phenomenon I've noticed in recent years:

-Corporate interest wants to see X succeed.
-Corporate interest pays advertisers to praise X and give the impression everyone loves it and try to encourage groupthink.
-As the question approaches of "will X succeed," the Corporate interests turn on the television to see if people are in support of X, then smugly conclude they are, because the same advertising they paid for is voicing approval for X.
-X doesn't succeed as expected, Corporate interests are shocked and don't seem to know why. They usually decide on more advertising.

It's amazing. There's a surprising amount of companies, political parties and special interests groups that effectively pay for propaganda, then fall for their own propaganda. It works on nobody but themselves because they want to believe it's working whilst others are busy reading up on why X isn't as great as the advertisement claims. Truly fascinating stuff to watch people forget they paid to have others voice that exact opinion, instead viewing their (paid) opinion as evidence something is succeeding and the people like it.
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 10:54 PM #3014
SneakyWingPhoenix
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
Slightly off-topic but this is a phenomenon I've noticed in recent years:

-Corporate interest wants to see X succeed.
-Corporate interest pays advertisers to praise X and give the impression everyone loves it and try to encourage groupthink.
-As the question approaches of "will X succeed," the Corporate interests turn on the television to see if people are in support of X, then smugly conclude they are, because the same advertising they paid for is voicing approval for X.
-X doesn't succeed as expected, Corporate interests are shocked and don't seem to know why. They usually decide on more advertising.

It's amazing. There's a surprising amount of companies, political parties and special interests groups that effectively pay for propaganda, then fall for their own propaganda. It works on nobody but themselves because they want to believe it's working whilst others are busy reading up on why X isn't as great as the advertisement claims. Truly fascinating stuff to watch people forget they paid to have others voice that exact opinion, instead viewing their (paid) opinion as evidence something is succeeding and the people like it.

I know a suitable meme for the reactions of the corporations in a nutshell:

I do start to wonder, in disbelief, that maybe these corporations jump to conclusion that the big reason they're cause is failing to succeed is because they come up with stupid believe their bartering thing isn't getting enough of recognizition I mean, could they really be that clueless to form an implication that throwing more advertisements would bring succees of X, as If such ploy tactic would negate any negative press and a baggage of intimidiating questions from media towards their X.

Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:20 PM.

Section jump: