Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You don't have to delete a .bak file if you can't find one. The rest of the instructions should work just fine without.

Okay, thank you. One other quick question. Is it normal that under the Object Workshop, when you go under Sim Type and such, that you should find two seperate lines for each career type?
-teril02

Life is a swirl of emotions, rushing through a raging river; one that no one can break free of...
- by teril02
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 9:15 PM
Often, yes, because one will be the normal adult career, and the other will be the teen and elder version of it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#28 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 12:36 PM
I have all EPs up to AL, but I would like to extract/clone a career (the Small Business aka OfB employee career) as it exists in Free Time only, for compatibility reasons. I believe the two are different.
If I launch object workshop, I do not seem to get an option to open earlier versions.
How do I do this, apart from installing the needed EPs on another computer?
I am pretty new to this, so sorry if it is a dumb question.
#29 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 12:42 PM
In Extra/Preferences/Filetable, there are tickboxes. If you turn off everything after OFB, and "reload" or "refresh filetable" depending on which option is convenient, object workshop *should* then offer you the resources as if OFB was your latest EP.

Please let us know if it doesn't work, cos that means SimPE needs fixing.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#30 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
In Extra/Preferences/Filetable, there are tickboxes. If you turn off everything after OFB, and "reload" or "refresh filetable" depending on which option is convenient, object workshop *should* then offer you the resources as if OFB was your latest EP.

Please let us know if it doesn't work, cos that means SimPE needs fixing.

It seems to have worked. If I want to edit this same file again, do I tick the same limited number of EPs when I start up SimPE again, or is it just fine to edit it with the regular setup?
#31 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
You can use the normal ticks, but if you are going to pull in any further resources you need to be careful you get them from the correct objects.package etc, for the EP you are trying to be compatible with.

Banned
#32 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 7:23 AM
ok I've made a career this way before, and was successful, but I forgot what I did! I have just one important question when I'm in the clone screen do I untick any of the boxes, or leave them all the same?
#33 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 8:27 AM
In the clone screen (previously I was talking about the filetable screen) you leave the default ticks on.

Banned
#34 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:18 PM
I'm sure this was adressed before, however newer versions of SimPE have come out since then.I'd like to know how to overwrite Maxis careers properly.
#35 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 9:13 AM
If you want to override (not overwrite - you don't want to do that) an original career, clone it as usual but do not give it a new GUID.

Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:53 AM
Default A more detailed version please
I need a detailed version on how to activate bidous career editor on SimPE
#37 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:42 PM
Default is there a website with....
step by step intsructions concerning bidou's career editor thingy?
Page 2 of 2