Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 2:28 AM
Default Families don't do what they are supposed to do.
Okay, I've got four families that live in the same city. I played one family for the length of time it takes to transition from being bit to transitioning into a vampire. I went back to my original family in this city only to find the parents were late for work, hadn't done any requirements for their jobs. They had both been at the ready to promote stage. Their performance was in the red. Same - same with the kids. They hadn't done their homework, were 4 hours late for school, and where they had both been "B" students, they were now getting "D's" and again their performance meter was in the red. Is their a Mod that can ensure other "played families" in a city do what they are supposed to do when I spend a couple days running another family? Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 12:35 PM
Yeah, this is how it works when you switch households during school/work times..
on school days I would always switch only after I know school time is over (3pm) so kids won't be missing school
they won't get better grades than they had when I was playing with them, but at least it won't get down either.
or right before school (8 am) so they would definitely go, even though they still won't have their homework done.

but I don't remember everyone's work times, so if I disagree with the game for not promoting my sims in the amount of time I've been away, I would promote them myself
the UI cheats mod is an easy way to fix the stupidity of the game on this part..
and you can also grab the mod that makes it so the homework task is always complete - http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=618230
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 4:56 PM
In Sims 4 (and Sims 3!) if you want to switch families, you're better off switching during the night. Also to avoid bills problem you should switch at 11:30 PM (or 23:30 if you prefer) grand max to be safe.