Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:08 PM
Default custom interactions showing up blank April 2019 patch
Hi all I just updated to the latest patch. I pulled my mods folder out before updating the game and put it in after the update. Custom interactions like Wicked Whims, Sacrificial's romance mods, and the configurable autonomy control mod are all showing up as blank, All those mods were up to date before today's patch. Should I uninstall/reinstall those mods or wait for them to update? The interactions still work and everything and the autonomy control still works. So to me it looks like a pie menu and UI problem. Also the settings boxes for WW are all blank but still work. I just don't see any text or checkboxes.
Advertisement
Deceased
#2 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:21 PM
There are some known string table issues with the pie menus, modders are working on it and EA is aware of the issue as well.

For modders, you need to make sure (unless EA comes out with a hot-fix or something) that your string tables use group 0x00000000 and not 0x80000000 (credit to roBurky for pinning down the issue!)
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
There are some known string table issues with the pie menus, modders are working on it and EA is aware of the issue as well.

For modders, you need to make sure (unless EA comes out with a hot-fix or something) that your string tables use group 0x00000000 and not 0x80000000 (credit to roBurky for pinning down the issue!)

Hey scumbumbo, I updated to todays patch (PC 1.51.77.1020) which fixed the majority of my issues, however, my custom career announcements aren't showing up pic the job details are all there though pic the EA careers show just fine pic I tried to change the english string table to 00000000 but this didn't fix it, is there another work around I can try?
Deceased
#4 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 4:17 AM
Might try deleting the game cache files, I heard this was helping some folks who updated mods but the strings didn't start showing immediately. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Might try deleting the game cache files, I heard this was helping some folks who updated mods but the strings didn't start showing immediately. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

I already tried that and unfortunately it didn't work, thank you though
Deceased
#6 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 4:12 PM
Turns out there is a change in how the notifications are setup for joining a career, so you'll have to look for updates for each of those custom careers.