Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 12:25 AM
Default What is your favorite custom trait?
I think EA could've done a better job to have more traits and aspirations tbh.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 1:02 AM
I wish that I could figure out The Mod Constructor and could make traits and especially aspirations. I'd love to see a good tutorial on how to do everything it's advertised to do.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 9:10 AM
The traits doens't do anything interesting anyway, so it doesn't matter.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JusttRandom
I think EA could've done a better job to have more traits and aspirations tbh.

The perky trait from the New Emotional Trait pack on Mod the sims by Kutto is one of my favorites because they are so happy and cheerful they scare other sims lol. I just found another personality trait called Hates Children by Zuperbuu that expands on the original trait. Apparently EA didn't want to promote child neglect, but we all know there are good and bad parents out there and I think it adds diverse behavior. Yo add to the list I like allergic to pets/hates pets trait (don't know why EA didnt add it) by Twilightsims and Meaningful Stories by roBurky.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 5:22 PM
I like the Woohoo Lover trait. Romantic is neat and all, but that custom trait just focuses on the Woohoo aspect, meaning I can more easily create... well, a horndog of a Sim. But there aren't many custom traits that I feel are really worthwhile... the Sustainable Living one is pretty neat, but I feel like it really only works if you have stuff like Outdoor Retreat and such.

@Emmett Brown There's a picture tutorial that comes along with the Mod Constructor. It could definitely be better, and I still double-check it at times, but it's overall a decent explanation on making a custom trait. Though some stuff (like the animation playing when selecting the custom trait in CAS) will require Sims4Studio to use.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
The traits doesn't do anything interesting anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Agree, I don't find any real differences in how one sim tends to act from another, for the most part. I find those moodlets to be a really ineffective way to express personality.
Not enough specific animations or actions created by EA to make them stand out.