Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blocking the kitchen door to customers at restaurants
At one point I knew how to do this apart from trying to distract them on the way there. There was a command of some kind. I know I'm not imaging it but I've forgotten and it's driving me crazy. Thanks!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 4:56 PM
Are you thinking about a OFB lot or an "normal" restaurant? On OFB lots the kichen door can be locked but the costumers will get upset. I don't know if there is a mod that keeps the guests out of the kitchen but it would be handy.
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 6:30 PM
There are doors for specific lockouts at Simbiology, but follow directions very carefully.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Are you thinking about a OFB lot or an "normal" restaurant? On OFB lots the kichen door can be locked but the costumers will get upset. I don't know if there is a mod that keeps the guests out of the kitchen but it would be handy.
They are regular restaurants, not an owned OFP lot. The guests march right back to the kitchen almost every time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
There are doors for specific lockouts at Simbiology, but follow directions very carefully.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm
I don't think any of these will work. They lock sims out by gender, student status, family only, but not for a business that isn't owned. I guess I need something like only authorized sims can enter but I suppose if it's not owned, who will authorize them? Thank you for the link though - there are some really good options there.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 10:03 AM
Why are the customers going into the kitchen? Are they trying to cook or clean up dishes or something? If so, there may be mods to prevent them from doing that. Make sure there's nothing in the kitchen that's attractive to them. Need-filling objects should be located well away from the kitchen.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo

For that, try "no unsetting routeblock flags" at SimLogical . It doesn't keep customers out, but should keep them from "seeing", and wanting to get to, what's behind a locked door.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Why are the customers going into the kitchen? Are they trying to cook or clean up dishes or something? If so, there may be mods to prevent them from doing that. Make sure there's nothing in the kitchen that's attractive to them. Need-filling objects should be located well away from the kitchen.
As far as I can tell, they just want to interact with the cook and the wait staff. They don't try to do anything with the food or the dishes. Sometimes several of them will go in there and crowd around and chat with each other. The kitchen is usually at the far end of the restaurant so they have to pass by the bar and the podium to get there and there's plenty of room if they want to hang out with each other instead of eating. Maybe they're not sufficiently hungry? I don't usually decorate at all in the kitchen but I'll check to make sure there's nothing in there.

Quote: Originally posted by dharden
For that, try "no unsetting routeblock flags" at SimLogical . It doesn't keep customers out, but should keep them from "seeing", and wanting to get to, what's behind a locked door.
Thank you, I'll try that! I've thought of having a sim buy the lot, somehow use an 'authorize the door to employees only' or something like that mod, then sell it again. Don't know if the mod would stick. I'll try this first.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 1:47 PM
Not if you sell it won't. Just make a sim that you don't play, have them buy and set staff and use a staff only door.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:10 PM