Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 2:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Double Deluxe Help
Can you do anything with Double Deluxe ? By that I mean can I add other expansion packs like Seasons, Apartments, Mansion and Garden Stuff or even T&A ?? Also, is there a T&A update that is compatible with Windows 10 ? With UC in Windows 10 ? Don't say I should be able to add expansion packs to Double Deluxe, I want to hear from someone who has actually added other expansion packs. Also, don't tell me to scrap Double Deluxe.... I have 3 computers running Sims 2, one on a Disc version with all packs, one with UC and one with Double Deluxe. Would like some input from Chris Hatch if he is around.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 2:55 AM
What's T&A?

I have Double Deluxe and have added all the expansion packs except Bon Voyage (just never got around to buying it), usually as EP/SP combination packs. I've never had any trouble adding them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:16 AM
@BlueAlien My guess is 'Tits&Ass' by Chris Hatch which works like an EP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 4:32 PM
I have separate discs for all EPs and SPs so never needed the UC (and will never agree to Origin's privacy statement) and have no experience with Double Deluxe, although the problems you seem to be having with adding other EPs doesn't seem normal.

I prefer not to discuss T&A here, T&A and A&N are basically the same except the adult stuff is disabled in A&N so when I say A&N the same applies to T&A.
The problems people were having with the UC/Win10 was related to the new security Origin had added to M&G which prevented it from running in a different location to where it was installed. I have heard that suckrom has been removed from the latest UC update so the following may no longer be relevant. Win10 was never the problem since A&N is using a copy of your game's executable, if M&G runs on your computer then A&N must do also.

Quote from A&N's installation instructions
"It seems Origin have added a new security to Mansion & Garden Stuff, Although Maxis had intended for their software to be run from any location this new security limits it's use to be only from where Origin installed it.
There is two ways around that, the first and probably best is to download and use a no-DVD cracked Sims2EP9.exe and use that instead of the one from M&G.
The second option is to add a Sims2.ini file into your M&G/TSBin/ folder, this will direct the UC to use the files from A&N instead of M&G.

You can either create the Sims2.ini yourself or download the AN(UC)Supplement.zip and run the executable it contains. The AN(UC)Supplement works and does the same as ANSupplement except it creates a Sims2.ini for you and points A&Ns shortcuts to your existing M&G's executable.

To create your own Sims2.ini
Create a text file and add the following two lines

[Directories]
ep17dir=the full path to A&N

the full path to A&N must be correct for your installation.
example:
ep17dir=C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff

Rename the new text file to Sims2.ini (you must have file extensions shown to do that)
The Sims2.ini must then be placed into the same folder as Sims2EP9.exe in Mansion & Garden Stuff, there is no need to copy Sims2EP9.exe to A&N or create shortcuts, just launch your game as usual.
If you ever remove A&N remember to delete the Sims2.ini to return your game to normal."